What cases are you guys using?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, just inherited my wife's 10.5 Pro and looking for a new case for it. Just wondering what people are liking? I typically go for the folio style for my tablets over a rear case + screen protector. On my previous 5th gen iPad I used the UAG case. I was thinking of just being boring and predictable and buying the 10.5 Pro version of it, but figured I'd check and see if there are any other good ones to look at. It has the cheapo ESR folio on it right now which I don't like at all. It fell 2-3 feet off the end table onto our tile floors once and just that gave a small ding in the edge due the lack of impact protection in that case. I don't generally drop iPads but the ability to take a minor impact without damage would be nice.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, I ended up going with the UAG in blue/black this time (vs red/black I had for my 5th gen iPad). I decided I wanted to have the detachable cover and the ZUGU case while nice looking I wasn't sure about the folio cover plus the separate kickstand part and it all flopping around when using it. I'll keep it in mind though in case I don't like this version of the UAG or I want to change it up down the road.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My favorite case is this DTTO case. The back of the case, rather than being a hard plastic, like most I've seen, is actually a soft and flexible TPU. The look and feel of the case is good and it has held up very well.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have used this style of case for both my iPad 2 and iPad Air 2. I really like them and the ability to easily rotate the iPad from landscape to portrait. They hold up well too. I don't have the model that the OP is asking about, but I did check and these cases are available in that size.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually keep my iPad case very simple. I currently have a no name clear case from Amazon that I paid $10 for and it's holding up well and hasn't turned yellowish yet. My iPad rarely leaves my home...so simple protection is all I need.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I actually keep my iPad case very simple. I currently have a no name clear case from Amazon that I paid $10 for and it's holding up well and hasn't turned yellowish yet. My iPad rarely leaves my home...so simple protection is all I need.

Hopefully it has a nice lip on it. I once broke my screen (several iPads ago) by dropping it from my couch to the floor. I had this nasty habit of using it while laying down on the couch. I would nod off, then a clatter would wake me up as the iPad crashed to the floor. It survived many times UNTIL it didn't! lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it has a nice lip on it. I once broke my screen (several iPads ago) by dropping it from my couch to the floor. I had this nasty habit of using it while laying down on the couch. I would nod off, then a clatter would wake me up as the iPad crashed to the floor. It survived many times UNTIL it didn't! lol

Actually the lip is minimal, but I do have a glass screen protector on it and carpet...LOL

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

My husband once put his on the roof of his truck as he was loading stuff into it. Of course, he forgot until he was on an onramp to the interstate! He watched it fly off and land in the median via his rear view mirror. The screen was cracked badly but worked ok for a while. Then we took it to a highly recommended 3rd party repair shop. It's an iPad 2 and still working but that made him a firm believer in both a case, screen protector and a padded neoprene pouch that goes inside his backpack.

I'll never forget the text he sent me that day. UGH!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Just for reference, this is what I ended up going with in the end. Really like it so far. I know I said I had one for my 5th Gen iPad as well, but that was literally their Air 2 version it just happened to fit the newer models so they relabeled the packaging as such.

The 10.5" Pro version seems slimmer or maybe the Pro is actually thinner than the regular iPad. Whatever the situation is, this version of the case actually feels thinner and nicer in hand than my previous iPad and case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X7M4GB?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3133912

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR