Pro Dilllema

Rockpoolie

May 25, 2018
Visit site
As someone new the the brand (Windows PC and Android phone - ok sorry) I've been drawn to an IPad pro 10.5 following reading dozens of reviews of android and windows tablets none of which seem to come close to the pro. My need is for a compact tablet with a keyboard to carry around in my camera bad when I'm away . I would be transferring images from my camera to review on the larger screen { 3" LCD on the camera), some basic editing and writing up articles on the move.

How practical is this, my camera uses SD cards, but it does have Wi-Fi. I also use Microsoft word and Photoshop on my PC whilst at home where I normally do most of my editing. I'm getting mixed messages saying working across platforms is a pain, but is it? Looking at the options the alternative at a similar price point is the Samsung tab S3 but that leave a lot to be desired as it would appear most android tabs do and the surface pros are too big - really want 10"max . All comments appreciated.

Finally, assuming all is ok with my intended usage, is when to buy given the potential for a new model early next month. To be honest I'd be more than happy with the current pro and I don't see the rumoured changes adding much for me personally. Should the announcement come in June, how lilkely, how soon would that impact on current model prices as I obviously don't want to pay more than necessary for the sake of a few weeks. Not being an Apple user I never taken any notice of price reductions once new models are announced.

Thanks in anticpation

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Pro and either Apple’s Smart Keyboard or one of the numerous Bluetooth keyboards should be sufficient, in my opinion. With that being said, the difficult part would be in transferring the photos directly from your camera to the iPad Pro. Check out the instructions found via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202037

As for whether you should wait to see what Apple will introduce on June 4th, that’s a judgement call for you to make. The current iPad Pro 10.5 isn’t even a year old so it should be heavily considered for purchase, in my opinion.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I use the Lightning SD Card Reader to transfer RAW images from my camera's (Canon 70D) SD card to my 10.5. The new reader is extremely fast and works well. I also use Office 365 on my 10.5 (subscription as the screen size exceeds the 10" limit for the free version) and it also works well as long as the document is not too complex (you'd have the same issues on Android). I'm an Android user from Day 1 but after learning the iOS system, I really enjoy the 10.5.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
You can’t go wrong with an iPad they are the best tablets to date. If you look at any reviews they always have the top reviews.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro