Is anyone’s battery draining after upgrading to iOS 11.2.2?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone’s battery draining after upgrading to iOS 11.2.2? I upgraded my X and iPad Pro 10.5. My X is fine, but it seems the iPad Pro is draining.

I’m sitting here at Subway reading the news and I’ve dropped about 5% in the last 5 minutes. Plus, when the thing is just sitting it drains. I could shut it off at about 50% in the morning and later that night, about 10 hours later I’m about 1 or 2%.

I reset the iPad last week after this started happening. This wasn’t happening before the update. Now it is. It’s not happening on my X, just the iPad 10.5”. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, I’m not running anything in the background like I am on the X.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Could be what you're doing on the phone. Or could be a weak cellular signal. Could be several things. Probably not the OS though.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’m talking about the 10.5” iPad Pro. My X is fine.

Update: Charged my iPad to 50% at 9:30 this morning. Now at 7:42 pm it’s still about 50%. What ever was going on now seems to be gone. Hopefully it’s fixed.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m talking about the 10.5” iPad Pro. My X is fine.

Update: Charged my iPad to 50% at 9:30 this morning. Now at 7:42 pm it’s still about 50%. What ever was going on now seems to be gone. Hopefully it’s fixed.

Great to hear that
And thanks for the update.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
What kind of usage and standby time are you getting?

MaxSmarties was helping me with this in another thread, but I am getting pretty dismal usage at the end of the day. Probably no more than five hours. I will take it into Apple and see if there is something wrong with the battery. But I am not holding my breath. I have never gotten good usage on my carrier. I think they make the phone supercharge the connection to the network to make it look as though I am getting good coverage.