Using iPad Pro as a external hard drive

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2017 15” MacBook Pro and the 10.5” iPad Pro. Can I use the iPad as an external drive for movies and tv shows that I’ve purchased off of iTunes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The movies & TV shows that you’ve purchased via iTunes should be readily available in the Purchased section of the iTunes app on your MacBook Pro and your iPad Pro, if both devices are configured with the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the movies and TV shows.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you go to iTunes Store app on your iPad, and then to the purchased tab, you should be able to download any media you've purchased through that store (as long as you have the required space of course), you should see a cloud icon with a downward arrow that indicates it can be downloaded.

Here's a video to help you out.

https://vimeo.com/239912722

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
This is what I’m talking about. If you have an external drive hooked up to the MacBook, you can load them on the drive to save space on the MacBook. Then later you can hook the drive up to the MacBook and watch something without downloading it again.

I want to download them to the iPad and when I want to watch them outside the house, I can just hook the iPad up to the MacBook and watch it on the MacBook.

I hope I explained it good enough. I want to use the iPad the same way you would an external drive.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what I’m talking about. If you have an external drive hooked up to the MacBook, you can load them on the drive to save space on the MacBook. Then later you can hook the drive up to the MacBook and watch something without downloading it again.

I want to download them to the iPad and when I want to watch them outside the house, I can just hook the iPad up to the MacBook and watch it on the MacBook.

I hope I explained it good enough. I want to use the iPad the same way you would an external drive.

Using a 3rd-party drive app is one option. I used to use Phone Drive years back and it worked very well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phone-drive/id431033044?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2