Ipad pro 10.5 swap to Iphone 7 Plus

spinrite

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone think this is crazy selling Iphone 7 plus for a wifi Ipad pro 10.5 and using the ipad pro for all my communications including calls with skype or similar app? I love idea of using the bigger device and screen as a replacement for a laptop. The older i get, i’m only 50, the more i realize my eyes can’t handle reading a lot of articles and websites on the 7 plus screen anymore. What i’m saying is i want one device to cover many needs. I know the Iphone is a device like a swiss army tool that can do anything and everything the ipad can do but i’m worrried i’ll be missing my iphone plus by going the ipad route.

Anyone have thoughts about my idea?

Last edited:

spinrite

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
my ability to use the ipad pro wifi device by using my hotspot hub & heavy user 50 GB data plan give me the ability to communicate on the go. Just wanted to add this.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think this is crazy selling Iphone 7 plus for a wifi Ipad pro 10.5 and using the ipad pro for all my communications including calls with skype or similar app? I love idea of using the bigger device and screen as a replacement for a laptop. The older i get, i’m only 50, the more i realize my eyes can’t handle reading a lot of articles and websites on the 7 plus screen anymore. What i’m saying is i want one device to cove many needs. I know the Iphone is a device like a swiss army tool that can do anything and everything the ipad can do but i’m worrried i’ll be missing my iphone plus by going the ipad route.

I suppose if all of your verbal communication can be done with the iPad and you don’t mind lugging it around wherever you go then no, it’s not crazy at all, in my opinion. I couldn’t do it, but that’s Just Me, D....

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Anyone think this is crazy selling Iphone 7 plus for a wifi Ipad pro 10.5 and using the ipad pro for all my communications including calls with skype or similar app? I love idea of using the bigger device and screen as a replacement for a laptop. The older i get, i’m only 50, the more i realize my eyes can’t handle reading a lot of articles and websites on the 7 plus screen anymore. What i’m saying is i want one device to cover many needs. I know the Iphone is a device like a swiss army tool that can do anything and everything the ipad can do but i’m worrried i’ll be missing my iphone plus by going the ipad route.

It's an interesting concept and only one you can answer. I use my iPad Pro most of time, but not when I'm away from home. I can't see myself carrying it everywhere; to the store, out to dinner, at work, etc. That's why I carry the SE. Small yet gets my immediate mobile needs done. No long term reading or anything, just communications. Everything else is done on the Pro.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
The main reason this would not be possible for me is portability. It would be way too inconvenient to haul my iPad around every time I go somewhere. I couldn’t imagine making/taking calls or sending texts strictly from an iPad while doing basically anything but sitting on the couch.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
In your case, I do not think it is crazy to swap out your iPhone for an iPad. If you feel that you can do more with the iPad, then go for it! :)

I love both the iPad and the iPhone but I tend to use my iPhone way more and I literally use it for everything hahaha :p but again, different users consumes differently.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Suggest hanging onto the 7 Plus, and try using only the iPad for a week or two to see how it goes. If you have an LTE enabled iPad, then in theory your idea could work.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site

I agree with all the above opinions, if you think you can do it all with the ipad then it is not bad at all. But just want to share my thoughts, when i am on a short walk or going for a party or a movie theater or shopping i might like the idea of carrying an iphone than an ipad but that is just me. I love both so i will not replace one with the other, i will have both. Unless money is a problem.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all the above opinions, if you think you can do it all with the ipad then it is not bad at all. But just want to share my thoughts, when i am on a short walk or going for a party or a movie theater or shopping i might like the idea of carrying an iphone than an ipad but that is just me. I love both so i will not replace one with the other, i will have both. Unless money is a problem.

I'm on the same boat. If money is not a problem, having all the Apple products is a great experience.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I recommend an eye exam by an ophthalmologist, instead of an optometrist. I ended up getting cataract surgery. One eye right before my 50th, one right after. I should have done it years ago. They are only going to get worse, get it done while your still young. Ask about close up vs distant vision.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I got cataract surgery done two years ago. Now after about 50 years of wearing glasses they are now gone. All I need now are just reading glasses. By the way I’ll be 57 at the end of the year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner