Taking the plunge and going all in on iPad Pro.

JT2050

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
One thing to remember is the iPad is only going to get more powerful so the transition is only going to get easier. Good luck on your migration.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I too rarely use my macs. I have started to get to the point that I can do everything that I need on my iPad Pro. Such an amazing device when you really think about it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I too rarely use my macs. I have started to get to the point that I can do everything that I need on my iPad Pro. Such an amazing device when you really think about it.

I couldn’t agree more. I do all of my light productivity on my iPP, but when it comes to work I still use my MBP.

What do you use your iPP mainly for?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I only use my MBP when I’m doing some serious typing. Otherwise I prefer the smaller footprint of the iPad Pro.
Not even that, in my case (pun not intended) I’m using a Logitech Combo Slim case which backlighted keyboard si quite similar to my MBP’s.
The only thing I’m missing is an USB port rarely used (but I tend to update via iTunes my iDevices at every major release).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I bought my 9.7" IPP as a replacement to the Android tablet I was using at the time. Since I already had an iPhone, the IPP integration was very smooth. I'm also a pro a/v integrator and installer and have several apps on my IPP for design and layout, very similar to what you see on HGTV when they are redesigning a room. That also integrated into my MacBook Pro. I'd say I use my IPP 60% of the time and my MBP 40%.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Great investment can’t go wrong I use mine every day and night works well with all other apple devices

Between the two main ecosystems, I am staying in the Apple camp so far. As I noted (pun intended) when going back to Apple a couple of years ago from my Note 5 to a 7+, there was a very noticeable difference in apps, touch ID versus Samsung's fingerprint scanner, etc. And I had missed iOS (especially after moving my Note 5 from VZW to TMobile and not being to update anything, etc.) iPhone X? I generally love mine (iPhone X) except for FaceID (they'll hopefully improve over next few generations). Design wise, the iPad is awesome. I had a 1st gen iPad way back when (2010?) but iPad Pro 10.5" is just amazing. Half the weight, a gazillion times faster with a greatly improved display, blah, blah. iPad apps have improved to the point where I can almost ditch my laptop I think. Apple pencil and external keyboard of course are critical to that. Certainly going to give it a shot when I start grad school this fall. And I kinda freaked a little this morning when my wife called and my iPad rang. Conversation was as good as phone speakerphone would have been (or my watch for that matter). Citrix receiver and WebEx app both worked flawlessly for business purposes today (my boss was astounded that I could attend over a virtual portal from an iPad). And note taking on Goodnote4 is awesome. I could have used a little more screen real estate but am not willing to give up portability for the 12.4" behemoth. I can see literally usually the new iPad as much as my phone. Love it.

Darth-Vader

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
For me, its not possible. The type of usage is such that a laptop works best. With that said, I believe Apple is continuing to march in the direction of making the iPad and iOS more powerful and each iteration will mean more people are able to ditch their laptops.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got my 10.5" Pro today (I know it's very late) and got myself Logitech's Slim Combo keyboard case and the pencil. Does anyone know any good/great app that can take notes and do sketches as well?

deezus48

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I just got my 10.5" Pro today (I know it's very late) and got myself Logitech's Slim Combo keyboard case and the pencil. Does anyone know any good/great app that can take notes and do sketches as well?

I’ve been using Notability and I love it. I think it costs $10 but it’s worth it.781FECB6-929F-48F1-BB52-8C511D8559B5.jpg

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Notability and GoodNotes 4 are some of the best

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711