I just purchased a wifi version of the IPP and I was wondering who has had an LTE version that opted to tether with a wifi version instead? I'm not sure if I should have purchased the LTE version instead.
    07-14-2017 09:18 PM
    I prefer the LTE version myself. Not that I hate teething it just takes 10 more seconds to connect and disconnects when in idle.
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-14-2017 09:50 PM
    I'll probably exchange this one for the LTE version tomorrow.
    07-14-2017 09:51 PM
    I have the LTE 10.5 pro with cellular. It’s only way to go. Having to auto connect with tethering all the time is a pain in the arse.
    wbcolon and H_D like this.
    07-14-2017 11:06 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I just my second iPad Pro (returned 12.9 2gen for the size). Went with the 10.5 256 wifi mostly for priced. Figured I'd just have to up my plan and just tether instead of upping my plan AND paying the $10 add on with AT&T.
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:41 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. I just my second iPad Pro (returned 12.9 2gen for the size). Went with the 10.5 256 wifi mostly for priced. Figured I'd just have to up my plan and just tether instead of upping my plan AND paying the $10 add on with AT&T.
    I'm actually on my way now to exchange it for the cellular version. Makes more sense to have it and not need it all the time. It kept me up all night tossing and turning lol. It's only 10 a month on AT&T anyway.
    07-15-2017 09:56 AM
    I'm actually on my way now to exchange it for the cellular version. Makes more sense to have it and not need it all the time. It kept me up all night tossing and turning lol. It's only 10 a month on AT&T anyway.
    Yeah but I'm on a 4gb mobile share plan so I'd eat that up. I'd have to upgrade and it'll cost me additional. At my old job it use the wifi all the time but at my new job not so much. Wifi is not all that great. Figured I'd just upgrade my plan and tether
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-15-2017 07:28 PM
    I have the Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad Pro 9.7” model and I’m glad I did. There are times when I have my iPad and there’s no Wi-if access. It’s nice to be able to get on the ‘net during those times. Do I need the Cellular model? No. Is paying extra for the cellular model worth it to me? Heck yeah!
    07-15-2017 08:51 PM
    I'm typing this on my new cellular version iPad now. No regrets at all. So happy I made the switch.
    07-15-2017 10:11 PM
    I'm typing this on my new cellular version iPad now. No regrets at all. So happy I made the switch.
    Awesome. It’s the only way to go. Unless you never took your iPad away from the house. And it sounds like you take it out. Great choice. You won’t regret cellular.
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-15-2017 10:13 PM
    Awesome. It’s the only way to go. Unless you never took your iPad away from the house. And it sounds like you take it out. Great choice. You won’t regret cellular.
    It's such a great feeling after popping in the SIM card and seeing the LTE at the top corner. Also coming from such an older iPad, the screen is so brilliant. I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
    07-15-2017 10:17 PM
    It's such a great feeling after popping in the SIM card and seeing the LTE at the top corner. Also coming from such an older iPad, the screen is so brilliant. I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
    It is. And after I had a cellular iPad before, I tried a wifi the next time because of tethering. It was a bad idea. Never again will I do that.
    H_D and wbcolon like this.
    07-15-2017 10:23 PM
    I went with the LTE version.....I just don't like to run down my phone.
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-19-2017 09:02 AM
    Questions for the LTE users: how good is the auto-switching from Wi-Fi to cellular data? I'm on Wi-Fi about 80% of the time, but if I purchased the LTE version, I'd hate it if I had to babysit the connection all the time, and I'd hate to use my data up when I could be on Wi-Fi. Thanks in advance!
    wbcolon likes this.
    07-21-2017 03:32 PM
    I ended up purchasing the LTE version and it's amazing. The cellular connection is as good if not better than my iPhone 7 plus.
    07-21-2017 03:35 PM
    I would never buy a wifi iPad for me, No GPS for maps and tethering is a pain. We have data share sims here in Australia and share data with all iphones/ipads on same account, so no need for extra plans.
    07-21-2017 06:02 PM