Ok that was weird and scary.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Put my iPad down for half an hour(60% battery) came back and it was unresponsive. Kept trying to wake it up etc and nothing. Tried to turn it on or off or whatever. Didn't know if it shut itself down or what. After 5 minutes or more of fidgeting with it I held the home button down and got the Siri sound but still no display. About 20 seconds later after more attempts to get some sort of action from it the display finally came on. Rebooted immediately and so far working.

Anyone else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen with my iPad Pro, but something similar happened yesterday with my Watch. It wouldn’t come back on until I connected it to its charger. What makes it interesting is the fact that it seemed as if the battery had depleted in the middle of the day. Of course, that was the one and only time it had ever occurred since owning it. I assume it was just a freaky incident and nothing more....:)

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
That exact same thing happened to mine. I had just finished setting it up and put it on the charger to charge it fully for the first time. When I came back to it the screen was black and nothing would power it on. After holding down the power and home button for a few seconds it finally powered back on. Hasn't done it since, so I don't know what that was all about.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like yours powered itself down but I don;t think mine did because I did finally get a siri bing. Then when it came back to life it was immediately at my lock screen and all was normal.

Sure hope this was an anomaly or at least that it can be fixed in a software update and not a hardware problem.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I just submitted a bug report to apple. If this becomes a repeated issue for me, and/or others on this device, the sooner its brought to their attention the better.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So last night my touchscreen became unresponsive. Had to do a hard reset since I couldn't slide the power off toggle. I realize some of you say this happens to your iphones etc and it's no big deal but it is kind of worrisome. I used my mini 4 for 2 years and it has never needed a soft reboot for any reason. I really hope this is something that can be fixed in a software update. If these things are happening to anyone else, please post about it and do a bug report.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So this has happened to me a few more times. Has it happened to anyone else? I'm just wondering if I should send it back for another one if I'm the only one having this issue?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had it happen on iPhones in the past, can't recall it happening with any of my iPads. I do remember taking my iPhone in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

bign__17

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have actually had this happen to me a few times. The first time Apple had me to restore the device as new. I went through all the hassle associated with that and it cleared up for a while but then it happened again. I went into the Genius Bar again and this time they wanted to replicate the issue after running all kinds of diagnostics saying they could not find anything wrong. As luck would have it of course it would not happen while I was there so I just said forget it and went home. Then it happen again but this time Apple replaced the device. Which was good but on the other hand still cost me some coins because I had already installed a screen protector and a back skin which had to be replaced......sigh

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice