Are you going to get a 10.5" iPad Pro?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using my 12.9” iPP for almost 2 years. As of late, I’ve been thinking of getting the 10.5”, I don’t need it.. but it’ll be a VERY nice upgrade :p

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I’ve been using my 12.9” iPP for almost 2 years. As of late, I’ve been thinking of getting the 10.5”, I don’t need it.. but it’ll be a VERY nice upgrade :p
IPP old generation and new2017 IPP 10.5 might have some differences in operation speeds, if you upgrade, just let us know your experience.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just purchase iPad Pro 10.2" 256GB Space Gray Wi-Fi model. It took me forever t decide to spend the $800+.

It replaces my iPad Mini 2 and will be surfing the internet, YouTubing, Netflix, Amazon Prime and DirecTVNow watching. What was the deciding factor was the 4GBs of DDRLP4 RAM. My Mini only has 1GB of old DDRLP3 RAM. I purchase the Mini 2 with cellular inside and 128GB for $600. So $200 more did not seem that expensive if you think about it in that comparison price point. I am going pass on the iPhone X since it going cost $1,400 for 256GB model with sales tax included.

It is still in it box and I probably will be setting it up tomorrow.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted but in 1.5 years it looks like the Apple Pencil still has a long way to go to be as useful as a Surface pen with OneNote. I'd love to learn that's not true.

Having a MacBook also makes it really hard to pay the iPad Pro prices.

I'd love to be told differently but the Pro iPad models still look like a whole lot of money to do less.

The new Apple ad showing the kid with Pro as a laptop should help my stock price over the holidays but I'm an IT professional so a real laptop looks like a MacBook.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm tempted but in 1.5 years it looks like the Apple Pencil still has a long way to go to be as useful as a Surface pen with OneNote. I'd love to learn that's not true.

Having a MacBook also makes it really hard to pay the iPad Pro prices.

I'd love to be told differently but the Pro iPad models still look like a whole lot of money to do less.

The new Apple ad showing the kid with Pro as a laptop should help my stock price over the holidays but I'm an IT professional so a real laptop looks like a MacBook.

I'm not a drawer so latency with the pen is a non issue. I actually barely use it but I do use it enough to warrant keeping it. I also have a Note 8 as my phone and tbh I just use my pens to write notes or over screenshots of my screen which is helpful.

I still use my laptop for gaming or my MacBook for other stuff lol but my iPad is my go to for portable media viewing when I'm at home to lazy to power on my TV or Xbox one x.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you going to get a 10.5" iPad Pro?

I’m tempted but I really can’t justify the expense: I didn’t upgrade my phone to save money, but then my man’s laptop died (MBP 2010) so we got the 15” MBP with the task bar and all the goodies so really, NO.
This Guppy will be good.

Now y’all quit being such a bad influence on my bank account damnit.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm giving my 128GB Air 2 to my daughter and will be getting a 256GB 10.5" iPP for Christmas. I justified by recognizing that as I'm old and retired, I've earned it. Pretty solid reasoning.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Are you going to get a 10.5" iPad Pro?

I’m tempted but I really can’t justify the expense: I didn’t upgrade my phone to save money, but then my man’s laptop died (MBP 2010) so we got the 15” MBP with the task bar and all the goodies so really, NO.
This Guppy will be good.

Now y’all quit being such a bad influence on my bank account damnit.

Hey Evilguppy -

I remember you from over on the Android forums - have you kept any of those devices? I have the S7 Edge phone and 8" Galaxy Tab S2 tablet in use with a couple of Nexus 7's and an Asus TF700T boxed away. The Note 4 became a media device for my wife. On the iOS side, my Air 2 is giving way to the 10.5.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Are you going to get a 10.5" iPad Pro?

Hey Evilguppy -

I remember you from over on the Android forums - have you kept any of those devices? I have the S7 Edge phone and 8" Galaxy Tab S2 tablet in use with a couple of Nexus 7's and an Asus TF700T boxed away. The Note 4 became a media device for my wife. On the iOS side, my Air 2 is giving way to the 10.5.

Hiya
Nope, I have gotten rid of all my Android products, I’m 100% on Apple, now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods