So I have a 9.7" pro and was wondering if it is worth upgrading to the 10.5" model? Looking at comparisons, not sure if it is that much of an improvement over the 9.7", thoughts?
    06-09-2017 08:57 PM
    If I already had a fully loaded Pro, I wouldn't get the 10.5. I don't know how much it'll add over the 9.7.
    Premium1 and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-09-2017 10:25 PM
    I wouldnt. I considered the 9.7 pro instead of the 10.5 but then remembered how stingy apple is with their outgoing model discounts. Seemed to make more sense to just get the new model.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-10-2017 11:20 AM
    If you can sell the 9.7 for a good price then I'd do it, just for the additional screen space.
    06-11-2017 06:36 AM
    So I have a 9.7" pro and was wondering if it is worth upgrading to the 10.5" model? Looking at comparisons, not sure if it is that much of an improvement over the 9.7", thoughts?
    I don’t think it’s worth upgrading, unless you want the slightly larger screen.
    06-11-2017 07:52 AM
    I have ordered the SG 10.5 64GB 4G and Black leather smart cover to try out and will have it on Thursday, decided now if i like it my wife will have my 9.7 pro and will sell her Air 2, both are gold which i normally wouldn't buy for myself but both were a bargain. will be good to be back on black.
    Is it worth it? We will see.
    Last edited by Cladster; 06-11-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    06-11-2017 08:40 PM
    I thought the same until I decided to pick one up last night. Wowzers, this thing is incredible. The screen with the 600 knit is stunning. The 120 Hz speed is buttery smooth. Makes the current 9.7 pro feel jittery. You also feel it being 30% faster with the A10X. It's stunning fast. I hadn't used my Apple Pencil in a year. That has made me think different with the new speed. The double the RAM is major for multitasking. Now cameras, I could care less. I don't use my iPad for photo taking. Not everybody will feel the same but I feel like this is a great upgrade over the 9.7 pro. They say the screen is 20% bigger. It does feel that way.

I know not everybody will see the value but this is just my honest thoughts. I usually buy things on launch day. I was hesitant and took me 2 days to actually want to try it. I even drove an hour to find an Apple Store that I had I wanted. Space gray 256 cellular 10.5. The 2 closer apple stores were sold out of this exact model. It was worth the drive.
    H_D and Premium1 like this.
    06-16-2017 04:42 PM
    I thought the same until I decided to pick one up last night. Wowzers, this thing is incredible. The screen with the 600 knit is stunning. The 120 Hz speed is buttery smooth. Makes the current 9.7 pro feel jittery. You also feel it being 30% faster with the A10X. It's stunning fast. I hadn't used my Apple Pencil in a year. That has made me think different with the new speed. The double the RAM is major for multitasking. Now cameras, I could care less. I don't use my iPad for photo taking. Not everybody will feel the same but I feel like this is a great upgrade over the 9.7 pro. They say the screen is 20% bigger. It does feel that way.

I know not everybody will see the value but this is just my honest thoughts. I usually buy things on launch day. I was hesitant and took me 2 days to actually want to try it. I even drove an hour to find an Apple Store that I had I wanted. Space gray 256 cellular 10.5. The 2 closer apple stores were sold out of this exact model. It was worth the drive.
    Wow! That’s saying something because the current 9.7” iPad Pro is still a beast, and is even better with iOS 11. I’m going to have to drop by an Apple Store and check out the newest models. I still won’t buy one, though, I’m sure I’ll be tempted...
    06-16-2017 04:58 PM

I agree and have even splashed out on the Apple keyboard and pencil, coming Monday. I liked my 9.7 pro but didn't feel like it was worthy of the pro tools. This one is worth the money i wouldn't of said the same about the 9.7 pro coming from a air 2.
    Passed it onto my wife now and selling her Air 2 which isn't easy.
    06-16-2017 05:06 PM
    Wow! That’s saying something because the current 9.7” iPad Pro is still a beast, and is even better with iOS 11. I’m going to have to drop by an Apple Store and check out the newest models. I still won’t buy one, though, I’m sure I’ll be tempted...
    Any new apple products is always tempting, right? Lol.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-16-2017 05:06 PM
    I agree and have even splashed out on the Apple keyboard and pencil, coming Monday. I liked my 9.7 pro but didn't feel like it was worthy of the pro tools. This one is worth the money i wouldn't of said the same about the 9.7 pro coming from a air 2.
    Passed it onto my wife now and selling her Air 2 which isn't easy.
    I agree completely. The pro 9.7 felt like it should have been an iPad Air 3 with pencil support. It wasn't anything special.
    06-16-2017 05:27 PM
    I agree completely. The pro 9.7 felt like it should have been an iPad Air 3 with pencil support. It wasn't anything special.
    Yeah i got mine for new for $400 under retail so was worth it, i didn't like the Air 2 either because of the speaker vibration and screen distortion, got it new for $300 16gb 4G which was half new price, cant even get $399 at the moment. We have a good online/store buyer here i offload to sometimes, no eBay or gumtree dramas, they will pay $270 and don't want accessories so might sell to them, $30 for a near years use is not bad.
    06-16-2017 07:02 PM

It's a way better iPad, just using it in store won't do it, got to have it in hand for a few days.

I am sending my original 64gb back and getting another on Monday with keyboard and pencil on 18 months interest free from Apple, thats how good i think it is.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-16-2017 07:12 PM
    It's a way better iPad, just using it in store won't do it, got to have it in hand for a few days.

I am sending my original 64gb back and getting another on Monday with keyboard and pencil on 18 months interest free from Apple, thats how good i think it is.
    I’m sure it is a better iPad, but for “me”, my 9.7” iPad Pro will remain with me for a while.......Anyway, let me know when your new toys arrives...
    06-16-2017 07:52 PM
    Yeah i got mine for new for $400 under retail so was worth it, i didn't like the Air 2 either because of the speaker vibration and screen distortion, got it new for $300 16gb 4G which was half new price, cant even get $399 at the moment. We have a good online/store buyer here i offload to sometimes, no eBay or gumtree dramas, they will pay $270 and don't want accessories so might sell to them, $30 for a near years use is not bad.
    Wow. Way better than the 15% off that I get through Apple retail.
    06-16-2017 09:24 PM
    I’m sure it is a better iPad, but for “me”, my 9.7” iPad Pro will remain with me for a while.......Anyway, let me know when your new toys arrives...
    After 4 days comparing the 2, i put this in another thread but letting you know my thoughts:

Nice post, i was just thinking the same over the weekend using my new 10.5, is it worth it with what my wife and i actually use our iPads for, her iPad air 2 for some cooking recipes and book reading/weather and me 9.7 pro for web viewing, books, bit of netflix around the house and email and maps, pages when i travel for work not that often. The air 2 is only 11 months old and pro about 4 months, both bought at really good prices $980AUD for both.
    If i sell the air and give her the pro change over is $1018, sell the pro and its $718.
    I have the 10.5 and my 9.7 pro set up exactly the same and apart from the screen size and being a bit quicker i see no difference in my 4 days comparing.
    Funny the 9.7 pro has the best home button i have ever had on a apple device, its almost noiseless the 10.5 is clicky loud, its a lottery with those.
    Hard to justify really, seriously thinking of sending the 10.5 back and getting another year from our current iPads.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-18-2017 07:42 PM
    I had the iPad Pro 9.7 for a while. As soon as I finished set up and got to the home screen, I thought to myself, the interface should be smoother than this. I would see a jitter here and there. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as smooth as my iPhone 7 either. I eventually sold it. I purchased the iPad Pro 10.5" yesterday and I'm blown away. This tablet is butter all the time. Not a single jitter anywhere. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. IMO, the 10.5" is a worthy upgrade.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-19-2017 02:40 AM
    Might try the 12.9, going from 9.7 to 10.5 didn't seem a big enough upgrade for the money. I don't have a laptop anymore so this might fill the void between my iPhone 7 and 27" 5K iMac.
    06-19-2017 03:22 AM
    Might try the 12.9, going from 9.7 to 10.5 didn't seem a big enough upgrade for the money. I don't have a laptop anymore so this might fill the void between my iPhone 7 and 27" 5K iMac.
    Ditto. I'm getting rid of my MB Pro at home and ordered the new 12.9 as a laptop replacement. Currently on the 9.7 and I feel the same, 10.5 wont be that much of an upgrade. Let me know how it works out for you.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-19-2017 10:11 AM
    Anyone found deals on upgrades ? have an iPad 4 /Cellular, looking for an upgrade..
    thanks
    06-19-2017 02:34 PM
    I keep my 9.7 iPad Pro. But I have also bought the new 12.9 iPad Pro with rhe smart keyboard. The big iPad will be my new TV when I'm sitting in my couch. The small one will be the one I carry with me.
    06-19-2017 03:43 PM
    I’ve had this 9 days now. I have to say it’s by far my favorite apple product apple has ever made. I love it. And I came from a 9.7 Pro.
    blueeyes2die4, Premium1 and H_D like this.
    06-24-2017 11:54 AM
    I’ve had this 9 days now. I have to say it’s by far my favorite apple product apple has ever made. I love it. And I came from a 9.7 Pro.
    I agree with you 100%. I bought the 9.7 iPad Pro 4 months ago and I upgraded to the 10.5. Best decision I could have made in my opinion.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-24-2017 09:49 PM
    I just upgraded from the 12.9 1st gen. All I can say is wow!
    Premium1 and H_D like this.
    06-25-2017 10:00 PM
    I've had mine 12 days. I still say yes it's totally worth it.
    Premium1 and H_D like this.
    06-27-2017 12:42 AM
40 12