Worth upgrading from the 9.7" pro?

torben ibsen

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I keep my 9.7 iPad Pro. But I have also bought the new 12.9 iPad Pro with rhe smart keyboard. The big iPad will be my new TV when I'm sitting in my couch. The small one will be the one I carry with me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had this 9 days now. I have to say it’s by far my favorite apple product apple has ever made. I love it. And I came from a 9.7 Pro.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Worth upgrading from the 9.7" pro?

I’ve had this 9 days now. I have to say it’s by far my favorite apple product apple has ever made. I love it. And I came from a 9.7 Pro.

I agree with you 100%. I bought the 9.7 iPad Pro 4 months ago and I upgraded to the 10.5. Best decision I could have made in my opinion.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same until I decided to pick one up last night. Wowzers, this thing is incredible. The screen with the 600 knit is stunning. The 120 Hz speed is buttery smooth. Makes the current 9.7 pro feel jittery. You also feel it being 30% faster with the A10X. It's stunning fast. I hadn't used my Apple Pencil in a year. That has made me think different with the new speed. The double the RAM is major for multitasking. Now cameras, I could care less. I don't use my iPad for photo taking. Not everybody will feel the same but I feel like this is a great upgrade over the 9.7 pro. They say the screen is 20% bigger. It does feel that way.

I know not everybody will see the value but this is just my honest thoughts. I usually buy things on launch day. I was hesitant and took me 2 days to actually want to try it. I even drove an hour to find an Apple Store that I had I wanted. Space gray 256 cellular 10.5. The 2 closer apple stores were sold out of this exact model. It was worth the drive.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I may buy one just for the future proof of the new pro and hold onto it for many years to come. I messed around with one in store and did like the increased screen size. I think I will eventually get one for the larger screen and more storage (my pro is the 32gb model)

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Got my 10,5 Pro cellular and it feels incredible. Thought my 9,7 Pro was nice but this is even better. The speed is incredible and the screen size is just perfect. Together with the Smart Keyboard this is a really nice setup. Coupled with my 7 Plus and watch series 2 of course. Have not started my MacBook Pro since I got the 10,5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my 10,5 Pro cellular and it feels incredible. Thought my 9,7 Pro was nice but this is even better. The speed is incredible and the screen size is just perfect. Together with the Smart Keyboard this is a really nice setup. Coupled with my 7 Plus and watch series 2 of course. Have not started my MacBook Pro since I got the 10,5

Bit the bullet and ordered one. Took advantage of a best buy trade in with my old iPad. Should arrive next week.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I figure with the processor and 4gb of ram it should last me a long time.

It will. It's a beast. And the best thing is the pro motion. It's so buttery smooth. Makes the 9.7 pro feel kind of jittery. And this screen is gorgeous.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I played with a friend's 9.7, and have owned the 10.5" since release day and to me there's a difference. My friend and I use basically the same apps and I prefer the usage on the 10.5" over the 9.7".

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded too. I say the promotion alone has been great. It's like going from non retina screen to retina. Also, the extra screen space is definitely nice.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded too. I say the promotion alone has been great. It's like going from non retina screen to retina. Also, the extra screen space is definitely nice.

I was amazed at the extra screen size in a size that is nearly identical to the iPad pro 9.7