Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Hey Guys,

I am in a dilemma, ever since I was introduced to the iPad its size 9.7" has appealed so much to me that it has stuck on to me. I am kind of hung on to it. 9.7" is the perfect size not too small, not too large, and large enough to have a full, big screen experience. But with the 10.5" Apple has broken that sweet spot. I am a little too worried that the 10.5" size would be a bit bulky and difficult to handle in terms of compactness and portability.The 10.5" is also slightly heavier in weight when compared to the 9.7" iPad Pro. What do you guys think should I take the plunge for 10.5"? Or should I buy the 9.7" iPad Pro ?
    06-08-2017 06:42 AM
    I can relate to your question, which is why I'm waiting to handle one in an Apple Store instead of ordering online. I like to use it in my lap and as an e reader in bed. I imagine you would adapt within a few weeks as I did when making the jump from iPad mini 2 to the iPad Air 2. The weight comparison between the new 10.5 and 9.7 Pro is 469 grams vs 437 grams which is a 7% increase
    . I don't think this would be too noticeable over time. The footprint difference is 13% larger for a 20% increase in screen size.
    06-08-2017 08:43 AM
    I can relate to your question, which is why I'm waiting to handle one in an Apple Store instead of ordering online. I like to use it in my lap and as an e reader in bed. I imagine you would adapt within a few weeks as I did when making the jump from iPad mini 2 to the iPad Air 2. The weight comparison between the new 10.5 and 9.7 Pro is 469 grams vs 437 grams which is a 7% increase
    . I don't think this would be too noticeable over time. The footprint difference is 13% larger for a 20% increase in screen size.
    I am looking at the Wifi+Cellular model and the weight of the 9.7" iPad Pro in this category is 444 grams and the 10.5" iPad Pro in this category weighs 477 grams so it is a difference of about 33 Grams. I am just too worried that with the 10.5" I hope the compactness of the iPad is not disturbed !
    06-08-2017 11:03 AM
    I am looking at the Wifi+Cellular model and the weight of the 9.7" iPad Pro in this category is 444 grams and the 10.5" iPad Pro in this category weighs 477 grams so it is a difference of about 33 Grams. I am just too worried that with the 10.5" I hope the compactness of the iPad is not disturbed !
    Seriously 33 grams, you could always buy some hand weights and strengthen your biceps, and you will be ok
    06-09-2017 06:31 PM
    I’m sitting here with both the 9.7” Pro and 10.5” Pro (and also my work issued 12.9”) and I can tell you without question you will not notice the size difference. Even if you did (and you won’t) the enhancements you get would more than make up for it - pro motion, extra speed (this thing is fast), camera improvements, screen brightness, and a few other points, not to mention the 20% more screen space, all without any really noticeable difference in size.

I can only MDM two devices to get my work email, one has to be my iPhone, and the other WAS the 12.9”. The issue is the 12.9” was just too large to use as a proper tablet, it is a laptop replacement no question (magical no doubt, but still a laptop replacement is the best way to think about it), the 9.7” was just too small in a productivity context. That Apple has delivered me 20% more screen, a pile of improvements that are real and have impact all the in what is in reality almost the same size package makes my hard decision to upgrade a little bit easier to live with (oh and my wife is likely getting my old iPad Pro, so everyone wins).

I’m not sure what I’m going to use my work 12.9” moving forward, but that is a good problem to solve me thinks.
    06-13-2017 09:20 AM
    I’m sitting here with both the 9.7” Pro and 10.5” Pro (and also my work issued 12.9”) and I can tell you without question you will not notice the size difference. Even if you did (and you won’t) the enhancements you get would more than make up for it - pro motion, extra speed (this thing is fast), camera improvements, screen brightness, and a few other points, not to mention the 20% more screen space, all without any really noticeable difference in size.

I can only MDM two devices to get my work email, one has to be my iPhone, and the other WAS the 12.9”. The issue is the 12.9” was just too large to use as a proper tablet, it is a laptop replacement no question (magical no doubt, but still a laptop replacement is the best way to think about it), the 9.7” was just too small in a productivity context. That Apple has delivered me 20% more screen, a pile of improvements that are real and have impact all the in what is in reality almost the same size package makes my hard decision to upgrade a little bit easier to live with (oh and my wife is likely getting my old iPad Pro, so everyone wins).

I’m not sure what I’m going to use my work 12.9” moving forward, but that is a good problem to solve me thinks.
    How much difference is in weight between when you hold it between the 9.7" iPad Pro and the 10.5" iPP ? And is the difference noticeable ?
    06-14-2017 12:54 PM
    I had a 9.7" iPad Air that I sold and purchased a 12.9" Pro. I can tell you that to me, while I loved the 12.9", it was just too unwieldy for me. Without the keyboard attached it was unusable to me because it was so big. I've since sold the 12.9" and purchased the 10.5" and I can tell you its awesome. I wouldn't go back to the 9.7 inch. The size of the screen is great and I honestly can't tell a difference in the weight.
    Last edited by donnation; 06-15-2017 at 05:34 AM.
    H_D likes this.
    06-14-2017 01:43 PM
    Honestly can't tell the difference at all, not surprising when you consider the weight difference is only 33 grams.
    06-15-2017 05:27 AM
    @donnation fully agree with you, the 12.9 when sitting at a desk and with the keyboard is truely a thing of wonder. However you can't use it as a tablet for carrying around to coffee shops or lounging about in bed, it is indeed as you said to unwieldy. The 10.5 is the best compromise for me, but still in the back of my head the email experience and side by side apps on the larger 12.9" is quite special.

Lucky for me that my work only allows me to have two devices under MDM control, iPhone and one of my iPads......else I'd be carrying around my MacBook Pro, 9.7" iPad Pro and 12.9" iPad Pro........
    06-15-2017 05:31 AM