Who has ordered the new iPad Mini 6?

shoaib shah

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi

This is my first time on the forums for a very long time. I'm an Android user but on Friday I pulled the trigger to get the new Ipad mini 6 on pre order. Needed something to last me a long time and help me with at work. I'm very excited to own my first Ipad and experience IPAD OS. I know on the software side it will be supported for many years to come.

Anyone else pre ordered and your expectations?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Whose ordered the new Ipad mini 6 ?

Hi

This is my first time on the forums for a very long time. I'm an Android user but on Friday I pulled the trigger to get the new Ipad mini 6 on pre order. Needed something to last me a long time and help me with at work. I'm very excited to own my first Ipad and experience IPAD OS. I know on the software side it will be supported for many years to come.

Anyone else pre ordered and your expectations?

I haven’t ordered it, but it does look awesome. I just wanted to say hello and welcome back to iMore!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No iPad Mini for me. My 2020 iPad Pro is still a joy to use so I’m not looking to replace it anytime soon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I would have loved this about about six months ago, when I ordered an Air 4. But my wife and I did order a Mini 5 while it was still in stock for her Mom, who has been using a Mini 4 for years, which is getting a little frustrating for her, and we thought that the switch to gestures from using a home button was a step too far for her right now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I ordered it and can’t wait. I love the size of the mini. I use my mini over my iPad Pro all the time.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

I use mine fro work too, so I have a 12.9” Pro and a regular Apple Magic keyboard (Not the obnoxiously overpriced $349 keyboard case).

I like having the extra screen real estate and you get used to the size in a day or two when not sitting at a desk. Ive had several regular sized iPads and iPad Airs. I went Pro several years ago and haven’t looked back. My one mini I tried years ago just wasn’t working for me. My daughter enjoyed it.

shoaib shah

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

Mine is here finally.

Will open up probably tonight.

I liked the interesting boxing with the mini word written in a curvy style and the accent colours used to match your colour. Mine is starlight I think that's what it's called 😎

Attachments

• 205175.jpg
    205175.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine is here finally.

Will open up probably tonight.

I liked the interesting boxing with the mini word written in a curvy style and the accent colours used to match your colour. Mine is starlight I think that's what it's called

Starlight is such a pretty color…Congrats & Enjoy

I saw the mini when I was picking up my phone. It’s absolutely gorgeous!!! Even though I purchased an 11” Pro a few months ago, I’m thinking about getting the mini. I’ve always loved that size!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My purple mini is awesome! I am not loving the Apple case tho. It’s not comfortable to hold.

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
For those that have received the Mini 6, can you answer a question for me? I have a Mini 5, which I bought as I wanted something a little bigger to do some reading as vs my iPhone while still keeping it portable. However, I found that, unlike my iPhone, where you can choose Standard or Zoomed screens, the Mini 5 does not support the choice, so the default print is even smaller than on the iPhone. Odd, because my 12.9 Pro has the option. I am not talking about the Zoom feature under Accessibility, but rather the option under Display and Brightness - Display Zoom - View (Standard or Zoomed). If it does, I will upgrade. If it does not, my Mini 5 works fine otherwise. Thanks. And yes, I know that you can set font sizes. I specifically am just wondering about the Display option. Thanks.

shoaib shah

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
For those that have received the Mini 6, can you answer a question for me? I have a Mini 5, which I bought as I wanted something a little bigger to do some reading as vs my iPhone while still keeping it portable. However, I found that, unlike my iPhone, where you can choose Standard or Zoomed screens, the Mini 5 does not support the choice, so the default print is even smaller than on the iPhone. Odd, because my 12.9 Pro has the option. I am not talking about the Zoom feature under Accessibility, but rather the option under Display and Brightness - Display Zoom - View (Standard or Zoomed). If it does, I will upgrade. If it does not, my Mini 5 works fine otherwise. Thanks. And yes, I know that you can set font sizes. I specifically am just wondering about the Display option. Thanks.

I can confirm that it doesn't have that feature in the display and brightness settings

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Wow, this is bizarre. I have a nice collection of iOS devices here. This setting seems totally arbitrary.

My iPhone 8 Plus and 12 Pro Max have it. My 13” iPad Pro has it.

My 11” iPad Pro, iPod touch 7, iPad mini 5 and iPad mini 6 do not have it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is bizarre. I have a nice collection of iOS devices here. This setting seems totally arbitrary.

My iPhone 8 Plus and 12 Pro Max have it. My 13” iPad Pro has it.

My 11” iPad Pro, iPod touch 7, iPad mini 5 and iPad mini 6 do not have it.

That setting is only available on the iPad Pro 12.9" models on iPadOS. Standard, Air, and Mini do not get that setting. However, the Mini should have Settings / Display & Brightness / Test Size to increase text size.

iPod touch - Apple probably knows that the 40-and over crowd with presbyopia are far more likely to buy an iPhone and iPod touch is almost always owned by people whose eyes don't need display zoom. (I'm not sure I agree that Apple should make that assumption, though. It wouldn't hurt to allow iPod touch users to do this, too.)

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I got the wants for one, but my Mini 5 isn’t even a year old yet, so I kinda can’t justify it just yet. Definitely looking forward to hearing your impression.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
My stock mini 4 was 3 years old and Apple was offering a reasonable trade in, 149$, so I ordered the new stock Mini 6 first day — received it first delivery day on Sept. 24th. I’ve been using it 5 weeks/a while now.
The complaints: Volume buttons on top take some getting used to. Not ideal placement but it is very far from a deal breaker. The fingerprint reader is in the power button on top. It has also taken some getting used to (just several days unlike the volume buttons on top I’m still getting fully used to).

Outside of that — as I’m used to and like the IPad mini product — the mini 6 is pure thumbs up upgrade over my mini 4. MUCH better screen and is even bigger yet in a slighty smaller overall size, MUCH better speakers, MUCH better camera, the speed of the A15 chip is on display in multiple things I do. The speed over the mini 4 is obvious. Battery life I have noticed improvement but to be fair, the mini 4 battery was getting older. I don’t remember how good it was in its first year. Thumbs up for USB C (though it is my only Apple night stand charged device that requires cable connected for charging).

Can’t speak to those on mini 5 to upgrade to 6. I can say mini4 to mini 6? Very very easy recommendation.

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
the Apple iPad Mini 6 shows itself as a very high-quality tablet, whose performance doesn't really have any competitors in its size class. In terms of alternatives, those who are looking for a compact device that offers an extreme amount of power can only consider the predecessor, the Apple iPad Mini 5, and save some money that way. If the tablet can also be larger, there are of course also Apple's other tablets such as the more affordable iPad, the small iPad Pro, or the iPad Air.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wasn’t sure if I *really* needed a new one lol so I waited until October to order and it’s been processing for a month. Estimated delivery between 11/17-11/24.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711