iPad Mini Battery Drain

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad mini i use for my drone and streaming at work when not busy. Today when I came into my home office after not using it over the weekend it was at 1% battery (was fully charged on Thursday)- when I looked at the battery stats it said siri 100% usage, siri is turned off on this iPad....thoughts?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try 'Erase All Content and Settings'. Then set the iPad up as new, not from a back up. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It is not abnormal to drain battery on an iPad that is turned on and not used for a number of days. If the iPad mini is old, it could be a sign that battery capacity os dropping.

As for the Siri 100% - the way that report works is it shows the app that is using the most battery over the last 24 hours. Since it had been well more than 24 hours since you last actively used the iPad, something had to be using the battery, and it was Siri - which is not just Siri, but the search facility on iOS, so iOS will periodically refresh the search indexes over time. It would not be abnormal for Siri and Search to show up on a report of battery if the device hadn't been used in her 24 hours, for sure.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're not going to use the iPad for several days, you might power it completely off, rather than leave it asleep. It won't use near as much battery that way.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I get complete battery drain if I don’t use it for a few days maybe it’s normal. I am looking to replace my mini when a 5G model comes out. I am tempted to pick up a Tab S7 which is 5G.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Either turn your Mini right off or close all apps websites etc and clear history and see what happens. I’d vote for turning the thing off !

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2