Can anyone help my ipad 4 regain its sound?

beattyfam

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I have done a hard reboot, changed language, signed out of game center, checked mute button, cleaned connection port with toothbrush.
I see that sound is capable when I change the volume in settings.
But all videos, music, games, and system sounds will not make a sound.

Any other suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that helps.

beattyfam

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
No luck resetting a settings, (although now I have a slew of work to get all settings back and running).

I note that when I swipe up, the only options for sound are Apple TV and headphones.
The ipad sound option is not there. Why not? Cannot figure it out.
Apple is usually so logical.

ANY FURTHER THOUGHTS?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No luck resetting a settings, (although now I have a slew of work to get all settings back and running).

I note that when I swipe up, the only options for sound are Apple TV and headphones.
The ipad sound option is not there. Why not? Cannot figure it out.
Apple is usually so logical.

ANY FURTHER THOUGHTS?

Is your iPad somehow connected to your headphones without you knowing / realizing it? The reason I ask is because the only way for the headphones to appear via the Control Center is if they are currently connected. If so, a check mark should appear next to it. Once the headphones are removed, then iPad should appear as an option. If your headphones are not currently connected, you have lint, dust or other debris in the headphone port. Try blowing it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro