Can an iPad Mini 1 work correctly with iOS 9 without slowing

colboz

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Thanks for the forums, I am a newcomer.

I have recieved an iPad Mini 1 16G (not retina screen) a few years ago.
A very useful device !!!! for so many pro reasons (mail, net, apps etc).
And I am very satisfied with it.

It is now on iOS 8.3

I wonder if I can upgrade it to iOS 9 without experiencing lagging/slowing down.

Your advises will be precious.
Thank you,
Colbo

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the original iPad Mini for a short time and installed iOS 9 on it as a clean install. It worked really well and very stable.

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
It has its days. Turned it on today to read some PDFs from Safari. The screen when black after a few seconds of scrolling the document, then tried opening it in the adobe acrobat app with no luck, it would shut down after a few seconds. Then tried to open it using the iBook app and it froze. Took several restarts to get it to work. I use a last generation iPad Pro with no issues but thought of testing how this one stood up. Don't know if the iOS version is what messed it up, of the fact that I hadn't used it for a while (2 months). It worked flawlessly since its launch date until the beginning of this year. Now it's gotten really slow and unreliable. Too bad since I use it a lot while travelling, it weights nothing...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I know someone who is using the iPad Mini 1 on iOS 9 and when I had the chance to checked it out, it was running it just fine

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro