Finally stepped up to buy an iPad mini 4!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share a quick experience here. I've been a longtime iPad user, and I use them mostly for browsing and consuming (reading) books. After some hunting around I finally settled on the iPad mini 4, and WOW am I extremely happy.

Settled on the mini 4 because of the size. I don't have the biggest hands, and I can easily lay back in bed and read a book in bed at the end of the day. It's comfortable to hold, and oooohhhhh so much nicer and faster than my original iPad mini (yeah, still have the original, and it CHUGS trying to complete even the easiest of tasks).

At any rate, anyone else out there with a similar experience? You happy with the purchase or do you have buyers remorse?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Happy with my Air 2 but I gotta say that I really miss my old Mini 2 that I gifted to my dad. I really wouldn't mind having a Mini 4 seeing as I do a lot of media consumption on it and it basically is the same workhorse that the Air 2 is.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Been having my iPad mini 4 since launch day as its great.. Love the size, the power, and mobility! I use it for school mostly but doing breaks and down time I use it for entertainment! Apple music,games,video streaming, movie watching.. It's a awesome upgrade from my iPad mini 1st gen

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a huge upgrade from the original mini for sure. I do think most can get away with the mini 2 if you're using it mostly for browsing and light lifting. The 4 at times almost seems like overkill to me... I mean, for reading and browsing all I need is something easy to hold, and that display is just so darn nice :) Internal specs don't matter a whole lot when I'm not playing any crazy games or processor intensive apps :)

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I bought the iPad mini 4 several months after launch. I had most of the iPad's along with the iPad mini 1 which I hated. I love the mini 4 what an upgrade. I find the size perfect for portability and for home use. The iPad Air 2 I had never left the house due to the size. I love being able to take it in the go.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It is a nice size. I sometimes hook it up to my iMac as well to use as a (small) second monitor. Seems to handle it like a champ in comparison to my original mini. Refresh rate is much better.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got an iPad Mini 4 in January and it's as good as I expected it to be. It's my very first tablet and I love every moment of using it. It's more portable than my laptop and more powerful than my phone, so I'm using it quite a lot. I agree that the Mini 4 is crazy powerful and that's good! It will last for several years. It really is an amazing product. :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine last december, coming from an iPad Air.
I'm very pleased by performance and size/weight. The screen dimensions sometimes feel a little limited for me (accustomed to the full size iPad since the first model), but whenever I take it with me I'm very happy.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have wanting the new iPad Pro 12.9 but I figured that a new one should be announced in September so I came to the decide I would get an iPad mini 2 in the mean time refurb. Saw Best Buy has the iPad mini 4 $100 off and just for $77 more I can get a brand new mini 4. Going to order and pick one up tomorrow. Had the original iPad mini and I did enjoy it.