How do I completely reset an iPad without an Apple ID & password?

pauley79

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How to completely reset an iPad without an Apple ID & password

So my mother-in-law has an iPad Mini (don't know if it is one or two), and she keeps locking it and forgetting her password. I believe she now has three different Apple IDs associated with it. I would like to figure out how to do a complete factory reset and have it like it is brand new off the shelve for her. Everything I try, it says I need to know her original Apple ID and password.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to completely reset an iPad without an Apple ID & password

You cannot bypass the iCloud Activation Lock without having the associated Apple ID and password. There is no workaround.

pauley79

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I completely reset an iPad without an Apple ID & password?

Thats what I was afraid of. I know, my wife's sister has just started a new Apple ID, but some of the features are lock to her original Apple ID. Which she cannot remember the password, security questions answers, or the password for her email. It is a very big hassle, and a little annoying. Anyways, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, that is what I was thinking. A small part of me was hoping there was a work around. I figured the worse anyone would say is no

hier_otaku07

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site

Truly, resetting it without correct username and password is difficult

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

The best thing I know, for older people, like myself, is to write down any pass codes or passwords and keep them in a safe place, or give them to someone who is a caregiver or responsible, like son or daughter. I also advise, if there is a safety deposit box, making a list and keeping it there. I know this won't help with previous attempts to gain access, but maybe with future attempts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can reset a password if you know the email address and security questions .

bobobo3

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site

Supposed that you have connected your iPad to iTunes and trusted a computer beforehand, you can select to reset your iPad on this trusted computer now. Here is how:

Step 1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on the trusted computer. If not, you can easily update it.

Step 2. Open iTunes and then connect your iPad to the trusted computer.

Step 3. After a successful connection, you can click the phone icon located at the upper left corner of iTunes.

Step 4. Select "Summary" in the left panel and then choose "Restore iPad..." in the right column.

Step 5. Confirm your choice and wait for the reset process to complete.

Hope it's useful to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2