Can I Buy Apps Before Setting Up?

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
This weekend I'm going to unbox my brand new iPad Mini 4 and set it up. I was wondering if it's possible to get apps (free and paid) in my iCloud account before I actually setup my iPad. The idea is, that as soon as I sign in to iCloud on my iPad Mini, the apps will start to install.

Is that possible, and a good idea?

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
'If I dare to use iTunes on a PC or Mac ... what does that mean? I've had iTunes installed on my Windows PC for a while, and I've purchased music and movies with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "Setting up"? Once you get past the initial set up process, you can buy apps before setting up your screen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
'If I dare to use iTunes on a PC or Mac ... what does that mean? I've had iTunes installed on my Windows PC for a while, and I've purchased music and movies with it.

Just making a joke since I consider iTunes to be a really bad program just bundled with layer after layer of crap. But you can easily just get all those apps in iTunes and download them from your "Purchased" section on the iPad once you get it.

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Okay, no problem. I was just thinking that after setting up my iPad, I could sign in to iCloud and sit back while all my apps were automatically installed. I guess it doesn't work that way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, no problem. I was just thinking that after setting up my iPad, I could sign in to iCloud and sit back while all my apps were automatically installed. I guess it doesn't work that way.

If you set up from an iCloud back up, then the apps you have in the back up will appear as you suggested. But only if you choose "from iCloud back up" in the set up process.
If you choose to set up "as new", then you will need to download your apps manually from the App Store. You won't have to pay again for any paid apps you had.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73