Confused between Mini 2 and Mini 4

neel69

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
For fairly long time I have been using Samsung tab. Some times back I shifted myself entirely into Apple ecosystem. Now i need a tab which is portable, so the Mini. I will be needing it fairly for reading a lots of PDFs and CHM Files as most of my medical books are in that format and random clicks of few slides and specimens for my study purpose. Also it should have a great battery life too. Now the question is should I buy Mini 2 or wait for Mini 4? I know the hardware differences are a lot but will Mini 2 be able to run all those PDFs and CHMs smoothly? The price difference between 32GB iPad Mini 2 and 64GB iPad Mini 4 is close to about Rs 10,000 (200 dollars) in India. So, is it worth to buy Mini 4 solely for those purposes?

LewLew23

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Unless you feel you need the extra RAM, the Mini 2 should do the job just fine. I've had my Mini 2 since release day and it still runs smoothly for me. Like you, I've used if for PDFs also and iBooks has never given me a problem.

Like I stated earlier, unless you think you need the extra RAM and such features like Touch ID, I think you can save your money and go ahead and get the Mini 2. The only feature I can possibly see you using on the Mini 4 that the 2 doesn't have is Split View. So ask yourself: Is using 2 apps at the same time THAT important to you (without switching between apps)?

If yes: Mini 4
If no: Mini 2

Hope I helped!

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Just to be clear, is there any way, include compromising (hacking), to get "Slide Over" and "Split View" to work on a Mini 2?

I had the same question and it's not the RAM but the Split View that I need for bible study. I can then have my bible and notes simultaneously on the screen. I currently use multi-view on a Galaxy Tab S but want to return to Apple since I preferred how other apps as well as the auto backup worked on iOS. However, being poor, I don't have Mini 4 money so it would be nice if Split View could work on a Mini 2...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, is there any way, include compromising (hacking), to get "Slide Over" and "Split View" to work on a Mini 2?

I had the same question and it's not the RAM but the Split View that I need for bible study. I can then have my bible and notes simultaneously on the screen. I currently use multi-view on a Galaxy Tab S but want to return to Apple since I preferred how other apps as well as the auto backup worked on iOS. However, being poor, I don't have Mini 4 money so it would be nice if Split View could work on a Mini 2...

There's no way to accomplish that without jailbreaking your iPad. Unless you're an experienced user I wouldn't recommend it.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
So I can jailbreak a Mini 2 and bet Split View to work. Thanks, I will google the instructions and see how technical it is before I pull the trigger...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73