How do I remove the iCloud on a mini iPad?

I

iMore Question

how do i remove the icloud on a mini ipad

hi well someone sell me a use mini ipad but i try to reset it to original settings now is asking me for the icloud account and the guy who sell it to me doesnt answer me no more what can i do help

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i remove the icloud on a mini ipad

hi well someone sell me a use mini ipad but i try to reset it to original settings now is asking me for the icloud account and the guy who sell it to me doesnt answer me no more what can i do help

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

If you bought it with PayPal or similar, you can file a claim to get a refund. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

In the future, Before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

If you bought it with PayPal or similar, you can file a claim to get a refund. Otherwise, you are out of luck.

In the future, Before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Good, solid advice. :gold-star:

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Next time if you buy any ios devices, make sure icloud is not locked. If they're iphone or ipad cellular data devices, also check the IMEI from swappa.

siouxsie1304

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I checked the status of the iPad mini I just bought from someone and it says it it's unlocked and free for a new user to activate. Do I just do a hard reset? When I picked the iPad up the battery was dead or I would have had the woman I got it from reset it, she told me she already had though

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I checked the status of the iPad mini I just bought from someone and it says it it's unlocked and free for a new user to activate. Do I just do a hard reset? When I picked the iPad up the battery was dead or I would have had the woman I got it from reset it, she told me she already had though

When I bought mine, I did a full restore as new using iTunes on my desktop. I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything from the previous owner to cause any problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox