Why am I unable to update from 7.1.2 to iOS 8?

cdnstudent

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Unable to update from 7.1.2 to iOS 8

I'm trying to update my mother's iPad Mini to iOS 8. It has plenty of space remaining so that's not the issue,
she is currently using 7.1.2 and software update is downloading 8.1.2 (for the third time)

Every time I go through this cycle it: Downloads, prepares update, looks to install it, reboots and comes back still as 7.1.2. the storage space goes back to what it was and software update says 8.1.2. is available to download and makes me download it again.

I know a complete wipe/starting over and update from there might be an idea but I'd prefer to see if there was another way as re-downloading all her apps and such over again and getting her setup with the way she likes it displayed will be very time consuming and I consider it a last resort.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unable to update from 7.1.2 to iOS 8

Sync to iTunes... back up to iTunes... do the update on iTunes... restore the back up, then sync to iTunes.

cdnstudent

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unable to update from 7.1.2 to iOS 8

Apologies I should have specified this is her primary device and runs independently and so she does utilize iTunes so using a computer to aid in this is not an option for her :( Otherwise that would be such a good solution :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR