Upgrading to a Mini?

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Air 2 was a huge bump over the Air 1. What they aren't telling you is that the Air 2 has 2GM of on-board RAM, and they're preparing an iOS update that will allow you to use split-screen multitasking (hence the need for 2GM of RAM).

xsendoux

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
depends what you use it for. I had both the mini and ipad air. Mini is great for use out at the coffee shop, day to day stuff. Ipad air is great for home use imo, and watch movies, play games etc.

If i really have to choose though, id go with air 2, since it is sooo thin and light and nice.

wildphoenix24

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm staying put with my gen1 Mini. I was thinking about trading it in for a MiniR cellular but I don't know if I can text to people outside of iMessage. Very disappointed with the Mini 3 announcement

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Upon further review, it appears that the only changes to the Mini Retina are:

TouchID.
Color options.
Better pricing on the 64GB and 128GB models.

My bottom line: Pass.

I agree. Why would I spend a bunch of $$ for these few changes? The new mini IMO is an Apple sales gimmick for people with too much money and too few brains.... LOL

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Why would I spend a bunch of $$ for these few changes? The new mini IMO is an Apple sales gimmick for people with too much money and too few brains.... LOL

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Or, who are upgrading from the 1st gen mini and like the form factor :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

While I don’t consider the iPad Mini 3 a worthwhile upgrade from the iPad Mini 2, your take might be just a bit harsh. As a first iPad or an upgrade from an older device, the iPad Mini 3 is not a bad move.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
249 vs 399? I'd say it's a bad deal even for new buyers

The $249 iPad Mini does not have the retina display. The iPad Mini 2 (retina) is $299, vs $399 for the iPad Mini 3 (retina and TouchID). I’m not saying the Mini 3 is worth an extra c-note over the Mini 2, but IMO, the Mini 2 is definitely worth an extra $50 over the original Mini, if just for the retina screen.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Haivng an iPad 3 since 2012, I was definitely in the market for a new iPad. I had used the mini retina (now the mini 2) briefly in the store before, and fell in love with it. However, it was tough to justify as my workhorse iPad 3 continued to serve me well. Now I'll give my iPad 3 to my wife and take the mini 3 for myself. Ordered Saturday, should be here by the end of the week.

Ryan Estrada

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Bought the mini 2 at release. Was expecting to upgrade to mini 3 until the news broke. Then I went back to considering Air 2 but decided to hold off until Apple refreshes the mini with better specs.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just speaking size-wise, I always reach for my mini instead of the big iPad. It just seems more convenient, especially for travel. I can't say I ever feel the smaller screen is restrictive. I don't feel weird carrying the mini into a restaurant, but I wouldn't do that with a big iPad. I have small secretary-type desks (the style, not the occupation) and the mini doesn't get in the way there, but the big iPad would. It's a lot more comfortable for reading/surfing in bed. BUT if I had to choose only one...I don't know. I have found that since I got the 6 Plus, both iPads spend a lot of time just sitting there.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I skipped the mini 3. My first iPad was the first gen mini which I loved. Then I got the iPad Air. I liked it but I missed the portability of the mini. I then got a samsung Galaxy tab pro 10.1 and a nexus 7 2013. I like my tab pro but I'm not keen on the nexus 7. I was debating wether to replace it with a tab pro 8.3/tab S 8.3 or the iPad mini 3. After seeing the measly upgrade that is the mini 3 I decided to get the mini 2.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have this dilemma. Going back and forth deciding if I should pick one up but kind of afraid it will just sit there. However, I do want to get one with a higher storage capacity than my 6+ in order to store photos and have more apps. Sigh.. decisions.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I gave up my original mini and got the mini 3. I don't like the Air because it's a bit too big for me. It also wouldn't fit good in my purse if I decided to take it. I wouldn't of minded a mini 2 but I wanted 64GB of space and the Apple store only has 32GB. So here I am with a space gray 64GB mini 3.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I gave up my original mini and got the mini 3. I don't like the Air because it's a bit too big for me. It also wouldn't fit good in my purse if I decided to take it. I wouldn't of minded a mini 2 but I wanted 64GB of space and the Apple store only has 32GB. So here I am with a space gray 64GB mini 3.

How do you like it?