Good deal or not?

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So my laptop has been dead for some time and I've been using my iphone 5 as my main access to the internet. Save for some world of Warcraft playing, I don't really miss it. I saw that staples has the 16gb iPad mini with retina for 379.00

As far as useage goes, I'm a light user who streams most of my content. music, shows, but games are played for a while and then deleted on my iphone.

I'm also cheap lol I've looked at the nexus 7 2013 model and just can't admire its built like the mini with retina. Is it true it's the closest thing to a small tablet that's comparable to an air? I know about the color difference but it looks fine on a test model I used.

If you have one, how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It is a decent tablet. I also debated getting a Nexus over an rMini, but in the end I got the rMini. The Nexus 7 has an old Snapdragon S4 pro processor, which is no where near as fast as the A7 you find in the Air and rMini.

I have used a Nexus 7 before and it is a nice Android tablet, probably the best one out there. It does have a very nice screen, and the color reproduction is spot-on. The display on the Nexus is more saturated and has a better color gamut than the rMini, but it doesn't really bother me at all when I use my rMini. Just my $0.02 :)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Both are great tablets. Either way you'll be pleased

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
First things first, any sale prices, compare to the Apple refurb prices on their site.

As far as the Nexus 7 vs the Retina Mini, both are excellent tablets. Think of the iPad as more refined overall(better battery standby, iOS has way more tablet optimized apps). Both screens are amazing and you will be happy with both. The biggie is the fact that you can find sales on 16GB Nexus 7 for under $200. If you want to save lots go N7. It is a nice tablet with a beautiful screen and good speakers. The retina mini is a better tablet IMO, but it comes at a price.

I have owned: 2012 Nexus 7, 2013 Nexus 7, iPad mini and iPad mini retina.....if I wasn't so heavily invested in iOS media, I would save the money and get the Nexus 7.

Sent from my LG-D851

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I decided on the iPad mini with retina. I'm so happy with my purchase. After taxes I paid 388 at staples. They were very helpful. Boy was I lucky though. They only had one space gray model left at my local store.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a Nexus 7. I wound up buying a Tab 3 to get LTE. The Nexus was superior by far. Fast forward to yesterday, bought a Mini. There's no comparison at all. The iPad kicks them both in the teeth. Build quality is better, the screen is amazing, and the sound that comes out of this thing is unbelievable.

I keep bouncing back and forth between Android and Apple, but I think I'm done. I've been using a Nexus 5 for my phone, and too, and it just makes me wish I would have kept my iPhone.

I'll leave the Android stuff for my fruit hating wife. Lol

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
It is a decent tablet. I also debated getting a Nexus over an rMini, but in the end I got the rMini. The Nexus 7 has an old Snapdragon S4 pro processor, which is no where near as fast as the A7 you find in the Air and rMini.

I have used a Nexus 7 before and it is a nice Android tablet, probably the best one out there. It does have a very nice screen, and the color reproduction is spot-on. The display on the Nexus is more saturated and has a better color gamut than the rMini, but it doesn't really bother me at all when I use my rMini. Just my $0.02 :)

Same here. At the end I got iPad mini with retina. Yeah much more money but also much better device. Nexus tablets don't have good reputation. Quality sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative