New iPad rmini for work and personal

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So I haven't owned and iPad ever I had an iPhone 4 for a month but I have been with android and have owned a transformer and also the note 10.1 but returned after 3 day, I realized my phone did the same stuff. So now I'm at a new dealership and they have gone to using iPads and only iPads so I went today and purchased the rmini. I have a few questions solar I like that it's different from my phone, but being new to Apple what are some very good apps to download personally I wanna Lerner iTunes but other then that what are some good apps out there and any cool personalization to do to it? Look forward to the Imore forums thanks in advance sorry for the essay.lol

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
A couple of these are cross-platform but some of my core apps:

Screens VNC - feature rich (and kinda expensive) screen sharing app for connecting your iPad to your home computer (supports Windows, OS X, AND Linux!)

Dolphin Browser - install with desktop user agent to have a full desktop experience on your iPad

Flipboard - News aggragetter and social media tool.

Tapatalk - Excellent forum app (if web forums you visit support it). Combines feeds from multiple forums into a single list and saves password info for those forums under a unified Tapatalk account

Pages - iOS counterpart to the OS X desktop word processor

iOS supports folders and allows for wallpaper customization (for both the home and lock screen) and provides similar support for peripherals as Android. I find my ZAGGkeys keyboard cover essential as it holds my iPad in landscape and basically lets me use it as a Netbook.

Siri is better than Google Now, S-Voice, and other voice recognition tools (though I think Cortana on Windows Phone is going to give Siri a run for her money). Long-press the home key to open her up. She's quite useful so just ask her what she can do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm an avid apple fan but I've had more success with Google voice search than Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd say the entire iWork suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) along with Flipboard like Algus mentioned. I'd also recommend downloading Yahoo Weather, it's a very nice app, and if you are in to checking the stock market, check out their Finance app as well. I'd also recommend downloading a calculator app, as the iPads do not include a calculator for some reason.

ne0stai2dust

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use mine for work and personal use as well. I would recommend industry specific apps for your line of work. Also, there are always good workshops on business apps for iPads and iPhones at your local apple store or even reading about apps here on the forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73