Minis for my kids

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was considering a 3rd gen iPad for my kids since the 2nd gen is toast but now I'm thinking the first gen mini. Do they need retina? Is 16g enough? They are 9 1/2 and almost 3 1/2. The Target deal really is motivating me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Karen. They do not need the retina display. My youngest son enjoys the iPad Mini (non-retina) a great deal and so do I.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For now...:)....I use my iPhone more than anything else so it is my preferred device and the one I put a great deal of stock in, so to speak.

I was crazy over my iPad and didn't understand why my gf didn't use hers. She said the phone was easier. She has 4 kids. Then I has another baby....lol So you hoping for a phablet?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was crazy over my iPad and didn't understand why my gf didn't use hers. She said the phone was easier. She has 4 kids. Then I has another baby....lol So you hoping for a phablet?

I've had thee iPad 2 and now the iPad Mini, and I used them both for various things, but I never even came close to using them as much as my iPhone. It is the one device that is always with me, followed by my Kindle Paperwhite e-reader. To answer your question, I'm currently not in the market for phablet, but I will keep an open mind to whatever Apple introduce in the form of a larger iPhone.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Unless you have some specific use cases, 16 GB G1 Minis ought to be just fine. The older child will probably want to save more stuff to his/her tablet but if he/she hasn't owned a device yet, an entry level unit will be good to get started. 16 GB is a lot of space for iOS. It's actually hard to use up unless you start storing a lot of videos and music locally but with how many streaming services there are now, even that isn't as much of an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ru sharing that with the kid? I was given a 64 too having stuffed my 16g phone.

Definitely yes, but he uses it a great deal more than I do, but hey, it keeps him off of my iPhone. Also, I have restrictions enabled and set accordingly and I've hidden the App Store, disabled in-App purchases, etcetera. Our arrangement is working out quite well.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
She has an off brand that when she was grounded decided to die. She went old school to my Zune which has a ton of songs but I could put them on Google Music to stream. You can't stream on iOS can you? I've used Amazon, Spotify my fave but the ads aren't necessarily kid appropriate so so she would have to stream/dl her music collection.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
She has an off brand that when she was grounded decided to die. She went old school to my Zune which has a ton of songs but I could put them on Google Music to stream. You can't stream on iOS can you? I've used Amazon, Spotify my fave but the ads aren't necessarily kid appropriate so so she would have to stream/dl her music collection.

iTunes Match may be what you need. Check it out via the following link.

https://www.apple.com/itunes/#mn_p

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I stream from Amazon. I buy most of my music through Amazon because of auto rip and the only place I have my entire collection downloaded is on my Mac. I've used Amazon MP3, iTunes, and Google Play Music to stream. They're all pretty good.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I stream from Amazon. I buy most of my music through Amazon because of auto rip and the only place I have my entire collection downloaded is on my Mac. I've used Amazon MP3, iTunes, and Google Play Music to stream. They're all pretty good.

I was using Amazon until I couldn't upload an album that wasn't in their catalog. I could with Google.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods