Should I Buy The iPad Mini w/ Retina Display?

RossGreen1

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been a happy owner of the 3rd Generation iPad since it came out. It started to feel long in the tooth when I initially updated to iOS 7 but since 7.1 was released it works like a dream. However, this morning I dropped my iPad onto our kitchen floor and have cracked the glass screen.

My dilemma is this - Do I pay to have the screen repaired or do I get invest in the iPad Mini with Retina Display? The portability and faster processor of the Mini is very enticing! I do have a few questions so would appreciate any opinions or advice you can give towards helping me make my decision!

I use Garageband quite a lot for knocking up song ideas on the road. How have people found it performs on this device?

I also like to watch movies on my iPad but have seen a few comments regarding the screen bemoaning colours looking washed out. Is this something I should be concerned about?

What's the battery performance like in real use?

Thanks!

Last edited:

sforsyth01

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my mini retina. Battery is great and I have the 4G edition which is a notorious battery killer.

I must say that you should think strongly about the Air though. I wouldn't be nearly as happy with my mini if I didn't also have the air.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Get the iPad Mini retina. You will love it. I upgraded from an iPad 3 and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

FuccDiss

Oct 29, 2013
www.facebook.com
I'd wait to see if a new iPad comes out this year, you'll pay the same price for the new one as you would pay now for one.

By the way, I own the iPad mini Retina and am extremely happy with it. Videos looks fine to me, maybe If you put it side by said with the air you'll see a difference but not by normal day use. The best part is the portability, it's small and my smart case and almost not bulk to it. My wife owns an iPad air and she loves it also, she's a stay at home mom so no need to carry it around, so she doesn't mind the size. I take it to work daily and battery last all day with heavy use, videos, downloads, games, and social media. Black one looks better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73