how to transfer paid alert tones from iphone 5S to ipad mini with retina display

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have bought many alert tones from the itunes library to put on my 5S. How can I transfer those paid alert tones on my iphone to my new ipad mini. Hoping to transfer without using itunes if possible. If itunes is needed can anyone give me a quick how to lesson.
Thank You Forum,
Vinny

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've never tried this, but I guess this will work (sorry to say, but still with iTunes involved)

1. Transfer alert tones from iPhone 5s to your PC
Connect your iPhone 5s to your PC
iTunes will launch automatically (if don't, do it yourself)
Transfer purchased alert tones from "iPhone" > "Purchased" to your PC (this screenshot is of my iPad 4, but I guess they're all the same)
QQ??20140317213655.jpg
BTW, If the iTunes Store purchases on your device were purchased with multiple accounts, you will need to authorize the computer for each one. here's a support article from Apple iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

2. Transfer alert tones from your PC to your iPad Mini with Retina display
Connect your iPad to your PC and click "Tones", make sure to tick Sync Tones, then choose Apply (again this screenshot is of my iPad 4, but I guess they're all the same)
QQ??20140317213339.jpg

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, tried it and it worked. I was almost ready to buy the same alert tones for my new iPad. You made my day.
Thank You,
Vinny

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk.

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, tried it and it worked. I was almost ready to buy the same alert tones for my new iPad. You made my day.
Thank You,
Vinny

You're welcome :) I'm also happy to help~

Months ago I knew nothing about iOS and my iPad was only for surfing the Internet or playing games. Then I joined a developer team and guess that really worked :gold-star:

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Mary_Young, joining a developer team sounds just what I need. Are they taking any more students? If there is a fee involved that isn't a problem.
Thank You,
Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice