My IPAD MINI IS DISABLED!! Help!! It says connect to itunes. What do I do?

amymoerbe

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My 5 year old has a mini ipad and knows how to go to settings to change her password. She just wanted her own password because I have one on my iphone. I will,,,,once I get her ipad mini straightened out and unlocked, I will be sure to hide her settings icon on about the 4th screen within a square so she cant find it. SHE ENTERED HER PASSCODE TOO MANY TIMES AND IT DISABLE HER MINI IPAD? IT SAYS CONNECT TO ITUNES , WHAT DO I DO? DOES ANYONE KNOW??? I NEED HELP LIKE NOW. AND IM NOT CALLING APPLE AND Pying $19.99 for one question as I have before> Can ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE STEP TO GET BACK INTO HER IPAD. PLEEEEEESE! IM WAITING RIGHT NOW FOR SOME HELP!!!
THANK YOU
AMYMOERBE:confused:

amymoerbe

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
its been a week. its disabled.Also I didn't know all caps meant I was shouting. I was showing emphasis. Ill remember that in the future. Looks like im going to have to connect to iTunes store I guess because that's what it says to do. Is that what you think. Its been disable for a week.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
its been a week. its disabled.Also I didn't know all caps meant I was shouting. I was showing emphasis. Ill remember that in the future. Looks like im going to have to connect to iTunes store I guess because that's what it says to do. Is that what you think. Its been disable for a week.

Hello amy, did you get your problem resolved?

NonZeroWriter4

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I can't connect the Ipad Mini to the internet because I disabled it by entering the wrong passcode. And I don't know how to connect to ITunes either. Help?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I can't connect the Ipad Mini to the internet because I disabled it by entering the wrong passcode. And I don't know how to connect to ITunes either. Help?

Use the USB cord that came with the mini. Open iTunes, plug in the mini, once iTunes recognizes it, click restore as new.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hello Amy,
did you solve your problem? If yes, please let me know how you did it.
thank you,
Actually for both of you if you could let us know - same advice for both of you should do it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the shouting you did not know but if it has been this way for a week, Why tonight all of a sudden you are frantic and need it done right away? Just curious,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Amy,
did you solve your problem? If yes, please let me know how you did it.
thank you,

1. If the problem is only in regard to entering the lock screen passcode improperly too many times, connect the device to your computer via the USB cable that came with the device. After iTunes recognizes the device, select "restore". Yes, you will lose all data on it.
2. If you have iOS 7 installed on the device AND have the "Find My iPhone" feature enabled, then the activation lock is engaged meaning that you will not be able to use the device even after restoring it without first logging on to the iCloud website and disabling the Find My iPhone feature. If you do not know the credentials to login to your iCloud account to disable the aforementioned option, there's nothing that anyone, including Apple can or will do for you.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just connect it to iTunes. If you connected it before this incident it will detect it and remove that screen. That worked on my iPhone. Good luck. :)

sexy_lover_1116

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Disconnect all cables from your device.
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
Click OK. Then restore the device.
If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1?4 again.

Jocelyn Warren

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Jocelyn Warren

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
After speaking to apple and being informed it would cost me $150 to fix a disabled iPad, I decided to use it for a paper weight for a month. ..until I realized that the keyboard I use with it may just work to un disable it. Sure enough I entered the password and it unlocked my iPad. Thanks apple for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox