I bought my iPad mini less than a week ago.....seriously?

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay like the title says I bout my RdiPad Mini Sunday it's Wednesday, I was already thinking of returning it and this just made it worse.

There is a crazy or dead pixel on the screen and it's driving me insane. I cannot unsee it and since I watch videos and read with night mode on its worse!

Can you see it?
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385019135.091307.jpg

How about now?
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385019171.008685.jpg

How about here?
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385019171.008685.jpg

I tried to take a photo of it in a dark background
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385019233.179827.jpg

Just in case
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385019260.032220.jpg

Has anyone had issues? I know apple haven't had the best of luck with these units so I'm thinking just exchanging it at bestbuy for a 32GB maybe those will be from a different manufacturer.

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Return or get a replacement. It's a known issue for some. I would expect it coming from a company that mass produces their products. It's bound to happen to some devices.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
For a 100bucks more I could get a 32, albeit it's sort of a rip off. What you guys think 32gigs be more sensible? My iPhone is 32

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely there...and it's bound to happen when they make 10's of millions of these things. Thankfully it's not a common problem, and Apple will replace it, without question, if you go into one of their stores and the iPad itself isn't visibly damaged (and if you have Apple Care +, even if it IS damaged, they'll still replace it, for $50).

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely there...and it's bound to happen when they make 10's of millions of these things. Thankfully it's not a common problem, and Apple will replace it, without question, if you go into one of their stores and the iPad itself isn't visibly damaged (and if you have Apple Care +, even if it IS damaged, they'll still replace it, for $50).

Okay now explain to me apple care+ please cause I use square trade

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Dead pixels happen to anything and everything. Not a quality issue just a speedbump. As others said return and swap out.

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

justinkoehn

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a dead pixel on my retina mini. Got mine on Tuesday shipped from apple and noticed it Wedenesday morning. One thing i noticed was it wouldnt show up if the device had been sitting a while, but once it warmed up it started to get worse and worse. I also had some pretty severe yellowing on the top near the iSight camera. I went to the Apple Store this morning and they gave me a brand new in-the-box replacement, no questions asked. One thing that was weird is the manager of the store actually came over to me and thanked me for bringing it in and not just "dealing with it" He said they send it back to the engineering department at Apple and research as to why the problem was caused. Overall a seamless experience getting it traded out. Definitely take it to the store dude, they will replace it.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a dead pixel on my retina mini. Got mine on Tuesday shipped from apple and noticed it Wedenesday morning. One thing i noticed was it wouldnt show up if the device had been sitting a while, but once it warmed up it started to get worse and worse. I also had some pretty severe yellowing on the top near the iSight camera. I went to the Apple Store this morning and they gave me a brand new in-the-box replacement, no questions asked. One thing that was weird is the manager of the store actually came over to me and thanked me for bringing it in and not just "dealing with it" He said they send it back to the engineering department at Apple and research as to why the problem was caused. Overall a seamless experience getting it traded out. Definitely take it to the store dude, they will replace it.

Ima give them a call

-Greetings from an PlayBook user!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro