Official "Got My Retina Mini" thread...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my Retina Mini today! Oh boy I am loving this thing!!

The only complain I have so far is the color a little bit washed out :/

That kind of makes me nervous to hear you say it looks washed out. Do you suppose yours is defective? Also, what are you comparing it to, if anything? If I get mine and it looks washed out compared to my original mini I will return or exchange it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That kind of makes me nervous to hear you say it looks washed out. Do you suppose yours is defective? Also, what are you comparing it to, if anything? If I get mine and it looks washed out compared to my original mini I will return or exchange it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think mine is defective. Or it could be the same issue the iPad 2 had with the glue that wasn't dry or something like that. But I am not sure.

I compared it to my 5S and my Air. The first thing I noticed was the iMessage icon. The green is not as bright as the 5S' and Air's. I'll see how it goes!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Canceled my Mini Retina order... Loving my Air too much to even think about returning/exchanging it for the Mini R... Now someone else can have it ;)

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Canceled my Mini Retina order... Loving my Air too much to even think about returning/exchanging it for the Mini R... Now someone else can have it ;)

Just exchanged my air for the mini. Lol kinda wanna switch Back. Keyboard too small.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I called my local BB to see if they have any in stock. They only have the WIFI models. They do not have any cellular and wifi models. So I guess I am going to keep my Order with Apple.

I also checked Verizon's website and it said it will ship on Nov 24 which is pretty much the same as Apple.

I was hoping to get it earlier so I can use it to lecture from. I am using my iPhone 5 to lecture from. I walk into class without any notes or books, just my iPhone and I. I believe I am the only prof on campus that lectures from his phone. It is so liberating not having to carry stuff with you to class and the carry it back to your office. After the lecture, I walk to my car and leave. Love it 😄😄😄

Sent from my iPhone 7

Just don't spoil me about the features for the iPhone 7. ;)

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Mine changed from Preparing to Shipped! When I checked the FedEx tracking report I was kind of surprised to see that it's being shipped from SHENZHEN, GD CN. I would have thought they would have shipped a ton of them to the US and that they were sitting in a warehouse here somewhere. On the plus side, the anticipated delivery date changed from 11/20-22 to Mon 11/18/2013 by 8:00 pm. Says signature is required, but has an option to pre-sign.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Placed my order today... Not sure how to attach/upload the screen capture but here is the info:

Shipment 1
Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Nov 21 - Nov 25 by Standard Shipping

iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi 16GB - Space Gray $399.00

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am placing my order today through Verizon. It's $100 off for the cellular model on a 2 year contract. So on the share everything plan, it is like getting almost 1 year of connection free.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Shipments are on their way wohoo only 14 more days to go lol. It's still showing 1-3 days on the site too I wonder what the ship date is if someone orders now?

DJHalle

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone able to get an LTE model from the store, apple or otherwise?

Cellular versions had not yet made it stateside according to a sales rep I spoke to. The Wi-Fi only models launched yesterday... my local stores had all sizes/colors available for in-store pickup. I ordered mine through apple.com at 12:03 am PST yesterday.

UPDATE: For those who have ordered cellular versions, they should preparing for shipment!! Mine just changed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 11.55.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 11.55.11 AM.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 16

anon(114490)

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 32GB Silver Wifi last night and picked it up this morning at store. Brought it home and tried it for a little. Returned the iPad Air right away. Love the size of the mini.

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a 32GB Silver Wifi last night and picked it up this morning at store. Brought it home and tried it for a little. Returned the iPad Air right away. Love the size of the mini.

Waiting for my rMini to make it's way from China. Supposed to be here between next Monday and Wednesday. I stopped at the local Apple Store to play with it a little bit. After about 15 minutes I walked over and picked up an Air. It was light, but the size was just way too big and clunky. Felt like you needed 2 hands to handle it comfortably. Glad I opted for the mini!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is it really hard to type on the mini? I returned it already cause of all the typos I made. And my hands are medium size.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my 64GB White/Silver yesterday morning about 7:30. Was kind of a surprise that they really just sneaked the thing into the Apple Store! Delivery is scheduled for Nov. 26 - Dec. 4th. Absolutely NO local stock yet - I check several times a day.

I also bought an iPad Air a few weeks ago. Love it! That big screen is so much better for reading, doing email and watching movies. My Air is my home device, and the Mini will be my portable device I take with me on the road. I had the original Mini, and you just can't beat that form factor for portability. The Retina version should make it killer! :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice