with supply constraints, will apple limit the different models of the ipad mini with retina?

tfdeere

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok,

off handed question here. If supply constraints are really as tight as analysts are making them out to be, I'm wondering if Apple will restrict the different ipad mini's that they make? In other words, if they predict the 32 and 64 gb models of the new mini will be the most popular, will they not manufacture too many of the 16gb or 128gb models? Will they keep the working displays just for those models they feel will be the most popular? Just curious what everyone thinks?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say, but I assume that Apple will keep a decent supply of all models on hand with the 16 GB model being the most due to its price.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This might help sales of the original Mini or the Air... Some might just want a small iPad and don't care about the retina and some want Retina but could live with the Air since it's so much lighter and thinner than previous full size iPads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You would think they would make the most popular I would say 16 and 32 .. but at-least for me finding a air was difficult from Verizon directly... Not sure about apple but only one store in 80 miles had any and it was only two 16 and 64 ..

So if they will be short at apple .. carriers will prob not have any or maybe a few

jsmith7635

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, but the higher the price (and storage capacity) expect less of them. I don't understand how people can use 16GBs without filling it up unless you use the cloud for everything, but to each their own. It appears that some of the Apple Authorized Resellers have very limited stock of all models. Target hasn't had ANY iPad mini with Retina Displays available.

comptr

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
What you said about target is true as I have been calling them every day as I am trying to track done a iPad mini as I have the target gift card from the iPad 1 trade in and want to use it towards a iPad mini retina when I called today they said so far they have not even got any information letting them know where they were going to stock the item according to the person I talked too he even said it could be that they are stocking them and not sending them till Black Friday to stores or they will send them just before Black Friday I hope though that they do get them in before Black Friday because that would suck as I had planned not to wait in line this year for Black Friday sales.
Agreed, but the higher the price (and storage capacity) expect less of them. I don't understand how people can use 16GBs without filling it up unless you use the cloud for everything, but to each their own. It appears that some of the Apple Authorized Resellers have very limited stock of all models. Target hasn't had ANY iPad mini with Retina Displays available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh