Do you guys think Retina Ipad Mini will outsell its bigger brother?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that it's finally gone retina, and is that super duper ultra portable size and A7 in its innards? I think it will outsell its bigger brother, for sure, or even every tablet existing prior...

Now I would think the Nexus 7 2013 edition might have a little bit of the lead in specs, but come on, if Apple is the company selling this it's got to be best selling, right?

What you guys think?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hard to say if it's gonna out sell big brother, but there will definitely be a demand for it. People have been waiting for a mini with retina. For me my iPad 4 with retina is great. But if I was looking, I be looking at the iPad air.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outsell? It's possible. There are a lot of people who think the iPad is too big and heavy, but refused to get the more portable Mini because it lacked a retina display. Now, however, it is now available to them, but they've also been introduced to a lighter full size iPad. Personally, I'd pick portability over size in this regard, but some people prefer and need the bigger screen. How many? I don't know, but time will tell if the rMini will outsell the iPad Air.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As a non apple user I think this iPad Mini is the best thing they sell right now. It is an excellent media consumption device, right power, size, and screen.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not initially because the supply will be severely limited, if you believe the media reports... but eventually, yes... I think it will.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence with this one because, yes, people want a rMini but they are also complaining about Apple charging $70 more than the last version. Time will tell!! Personally, I don't mind the price tag but then again, I'm not really a bargain shopper either LOL. I just buy what I like

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Same specs as the new Air + retina display keeping the smaller size? I think it'll do better than the big brother in my opinion. But yes, time will tell

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it may, because lots of people had been waiting for precisely this.

Surprised it got the A7 chip -- Apple could have put the A6 chip in and people would have been just as willing to buy. But perhaps the M7 was needed for battery life.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it may, because lots of people had been waiting for precisely this.

Surprised it got the A7 chip -- Apple could have put the A6 chip in and people would have been just as willing to buy. But perhaps the M7 was needed for battery life.

I think the A7 was exactly what pushed it over the top. That kind of a performance in a small package like the Retina is going to really rock all gaming experiences, plus its 64 bit? Superlicious.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the Retina Mini will definitely outsell the Air, maybe not as as much as the original Mini vs the larger iPad. But given the fact the R-Mini has the same processor, same resolution, $100 cheaper, and assuming the same RAM, a lot people will go for the R-Mini. There's surely a reason why Apple released the Air first, and with just a bit more gap than the return period for the first Air buyers.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, that 7'9" 4:3 screen may just be the sweet spot as far as portability and productivity is concerned. I found the full sized iPad a little large at times to carry around, and while very portable, the 16:10 display on the Nexus 7 not as user friendly for non-media applications. Now that the internal specs are pretty much equivalent, I think it may finally increase adoption of the mini.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you are right. The mobile tablet seems to be the hottest item in tech right now. I think the purchase line between the two will be very blurred. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a portable tablet.

vic867

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel the the mini will be more scarce and this will cause a higher demand. The iPad mini is a sweet spot for a lot of people.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel the the mini will be more scarce and this will cause a higher demand. The iPad mini is a sweet spot for a lot of people.

I don't know if it will be more scarce, but I do know it's going to be a hot selling device. I might argue that if you look at the previous trends in production of iPads, I don't think there will be any problems with these iPad Mini Retinas getting pushed out.

However, I think the demand for the device is going to be greater and greater as the months go by. It's going to be interesting to see if the smaller iPad will soon overrun the bigger iPads in sales.

Last edited:

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I originally wanted the mini because it was lighter in weight. Then I saw the Air & changed my mind. Lighter and thinner combined with that beautiful retina display makes perfect sense to me. Hard to say for sure whether others will feel the same way. I jst wish mine would hurry up & get here darn it. Geez....

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a strong feeling it will. I got an ipad 3 for my mom as a gift and I'm always installing games on it for her. So naturally I've played with it here and there. While I think it's great it is rather large. I haven't tried the ipad mini yet but I've used a nexus 7 2013 edition. And the form factor is just amazing. I'd be more inclined to carry it around than a larger tablet. I would think portability would be a big deciding factor for most.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods