Is the iPad mini with retina display really worth it?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well - as amazing as the Mini Retina will be, it must not be quite worth it as I decided to keep my 1st gen Mini and get an iPad Air. :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My thread title pretty much says is all. Is the new iPad mini with Retina Display really worth it? Does the upgrade to retina make all the difference for you? Or are you completely fine with the original iPad mini with its lower-res screen?

Suppose it all depends what you use it for, and what fits best into your budget. I do LOVE the retina display, but is shelling out that extra $100 worth it for you? Sound off!

I love my original Mini. I use it far more than I did my full size iPad. There’s an adage in photography that says that the best camera is the one you have with you. Same thing applies to my iPad. I rarely took my full size iPad most places because of the size/weight. The Mini goes with me most places. The retina will make it that much sweeter... and the faster processer (A7) doesn’t hurt.

That said, it’s really hard to say that the retina Mini is "worth it" because we haven’t seen it yet.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
What would you do in my situation??

As for this topic I lean toward mini retina as being worth it.

Personally, I got an ipad 3 and it was a gift but I always had a preference for a mini. So now my dilemma is whether I should try to sell my ipad 3 and put money towards an ipad r mini. I've chosen to attempt to do this but so far no one has tried to buy my ipad 3. :( Also my reason for mini R is that it's just plain faster as well as a great display and smaller n lighter than ipad 3. I wish it had touch id and a USB slot but oh well.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What would you do in my situation??

As for this topic I lean toward mini retina as being worth it.

Personally, I got an ipad 3 and it was a gift but I always had a preference for a mini. So now my dilemma is whether I should try to sell my ipad 3 and put money towards an ipad r mini. I've chosen to attempt to do this but so far no one has tried to buy my ipad 3. :( Also my reason for mini R is that it's just plain faster as well as a great display and smaller n lighter than ipad 3. I wish it had touch id and a USB slot but oh well.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I have an iPad 3 also & I can't wait to get the rMini. I'm going to keep the 3 but I can't keep lugging that heavy thing around...Its just too much

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2