New Mini has retina

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm so torn. Help me decide

Hehe. Before I can help someone else, I'll have to make up my own mind first. Love the fact that the Mini now has a Retina display. But I also like how thin and light the new iPad Air is. Looking at videos on the 9.7" screen will definitely be a plus over the smaller screen on the Mini even with its new retina display.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hehe. Before I can help someone else, I'll have to make up my own mind first. Love the fact that the Mini now has a Retina display. But I also like how thin and light the new iPad Air is. Looking at videos on the 9.7" screen will definitely be a plus over the smaller screen on the Mini even with its new retina display.

That's why I'm torn. Maybe I hold onto my current mini for when I need and want smaller but buy the new larger.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'm torn. Maybe I hold onto my current mini for when I need and want smaller but buy the new larger.

The Mini with case fits perfectly in the pockets of my cargo shorts... the full size won’t. Problem solved (for me, at least).

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the new mini the same thickness and weight as the original? I'm just wondering if it changed at all due to getting the retina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am torn with the same question on over a long period that i would keep the model...Do I spend the extra money and get the full size Air or the mini Retina at $399.00 which is till $100.00 over the regular Mini? Tough decision but by the time they are release I will have my mind made up.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

A lot of that has to do with form factor though which we've already had a year to figure out. What's changed? The Mini has a much better screen and on par internals. The ipad 5 is slightly thinner and sheds a .4 lb.

Looking at videos may be better on the ipad Air, but the same thing applied to the ipad 4. I probably wouldn't hold the bigger ipad while watching videos..it gets propped in lap or sits in a stand. Even with the reduced weight, the ipad air will still be too large for gaming (hand held) and still too heavy to hold for a long time.

In terms of usage though, the Mini is more versatile IMO.

The only thing I'm not factoring is the lesser footprint of the ipad Air. So it's not a clear cut answer (as well as the things the Air may have such as more RAM..don't know yet). We'll get to see the Air first definitely though and have time to figure it out. The Mini is probably something you don't have time to see in stores later in Nov. You either preorder or line up, or you might be waiting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox