iPad Mini or regular iPad? Which would you choose?

If you could only have 1? iPad or Mini?

• Full Sized iPad

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • iPad Mini

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Can't Decide Must Have Both!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you could only buy one... would you pick up the iPad Mini or regular iPad? Size, cost, display (retina!) specs... all key factors in making that decision... sound off!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had both a full size iPad and the iPad Mini and there are pros and cons to both. However, in my situation, the iPad Mini is more beneficial because I have the same abilities as with the full size version without the size and weight. I carry it with me far more times than I did the iPad 2 that I had. As for its lack of a retina display, I'm good with it. Retina displays are great and all, but not having one has not diminished my capabilities or hindered my web browsing and reading experience.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've had both. Want to know something funny? When I had a full sized iPad along with my Playbook, I used the PB much more but now that I have the mini the PB is neglected! I guess size DOES matter.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have only had the iPad 3 but my next purchase will probably be a mini. I'm thinking that I would carry the smaller iPad with me more. We will see what is announced on the 22nd. As of today though if I had pick one to buy it would probably be the mini.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I need something ultra portable for a tablet, went Mini and never looked back. I can't stop using my iPad. It's my one stop shop for everything reading and video...

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPad 2 and traded it in for a Mini and have not looked back. I am looking forward to upgrading to the iPad Mini 2. Of course, if the new iPad gets all the bells and the whistles the iPhone 5S got and the Mini does not that will give me something to think about.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The mini without question. I do wish it had retina and fingers crossed new one will. But it's so much lighter. I have the 3rd gen and the mini and always choose the mini

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The mini. I have recently been looking at upgrading my playbook to a mini and am curious on how cheap the current minis will go for after the announcement for the new ones.

I would bring it to work with me in my ban and a ten inch tablet is just too darn big to be tossing around in my work truck.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

djstarion

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I chose the mini. Coming from a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, I want something similar to that size because it was lightweight and I could read and browse in bed or wherever.

Not having a retina display for some reason isn't as much of a necessity on my iPad to me as it is on my iPhone .

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
At this point, I don't think the Mini runs iOS 7 that great. Perhaps this will change next week when new hardware is announced and sluggish performance isn't a problem with the Mini nor a factor when answering this thread's question.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I traded my mini for an iPad 2 a while ago. I loved the small form factor, but I use my iPad primarily for sheet music and web browsing, with a dash of iMovie, and the bigger screen works better in that regard.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
At this point, I don't think the Mini runs iOS 7 that great. Perhaps this will change next week when new hardware is announced and sluggish performance isn't a problem with the Mini nor a factor when answering this thread's question.

it's funny cos I feel like iOS7 has added much more value to my mini. It feels like a new, better device in all regards. I don't see a dramatic decline in performance either, it feels on a par with iOS6 in that department.

anyway: as for the question... not much of a surprise when I say Mini all the way.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i would like to ipad mini is perfect pad-tablet device whenever use or travelling. too light weight ... and ipad is an really perfect replacement for laptop is heavy weight to carry on travel

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2