Travel to Canada with the Ipad Mini with Verizon data

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,
So I am wondering what my options are when it comes to travel to Canada. I have an iPad Mini with Verizon connectivity capabilities. I have not activated the Verizon on it yet. I plan on using a pay as you go option instead of adding it to my family share plan, but my question is this, I am traveling to Canada for a few days and want to be able to use my maps for navigation and also maybe some apps like yelp and Facebook and internet browsing and I am wondering how i can do this on my iPad with data instead of just WiFi.I also have an i5 but i am thinking it may be cheaper to use data on the iPad instead of paying the $25.00 for 100mb of data for Canada on that. Any thoughts of how I can best travel to Canada and be able to use data for the cheapest price?

thanks

ZS

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So if I find a prepaid plan would I just pop in a SIM card and be good or do I need to talk to Vzw first to make it possible?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So if I find a prepaid plan would I just pop in a SIM card and be good or do I need to talk to Vzw first to make it possible?

Yes - pop in a prepaid SIM and you're good to go - and no, you don't have to deal with Verizon... unless you want to look into and make use of one of their 'add Canada" feature for the billing cycle your trip falls into...

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was reading about some prepaid options in Canada but what would work the best? Any recommendations on a cost/best service standpoint. Also can maps be used offline on the ipad or i5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was reading about some prepaid options in Canada but what would work the best? Any recommendations on a cost/best service standpoint. Also can maps be used offline on the ipad or i5
Re: 'offline maps'... depends on the app - make sure your app has full maps stored on device... Navigon is one...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77