Would having both iPad & iPad mini make sense?

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

With the iPad event coming in the next week, I'm considering refreshing my entire system.
I currently own an iPad full size, which is very great but bulky when compared to what could be the iPad 5.

Thinking about which iPad getting, I thought "why not getting both?"
This may sound foolish, but it would give me the pros of both devices. Full size iPad for watching movies and home usage. Shrunken iPad mini for being on-the-go (work & school).

However, I am missing data to make my mind here, as I never had an iPad mini (Retina display is a must-have for me.)
That's why I am asking you, who own already an iPad mini: do you think owning both full-size iPad and iPad mini would be foolish?

I like the form factor / handy factor of the iPad mini with its shrunken form. But I want to be able to watch movies and videos on a big screen estate.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I am actually asking if some people already considered this with the last (and still current) generation for example. Or if some people actually have both devices.

My fear is that in such a situation, I would find myself thinking there's one device too much.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am actually asking if some people already considered this with the last (and still current) generation for example. Or if some people actually have both devices.

My fear is that in such a situation, I would find myself thinking there's one device too much.

With your current set up (full size ipad) do you find yourself wishing it was a bit more portable and that you could take it more places? If so, go for the ipad mini. To be perfectly honest, even if you have an infinite amount of resources, if you have both I believe that one will just sit and collect dust. Either way you will find yourself using one device much more often than the other. Only you can know the answer to that :p

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answers!
Nah, if I'm asking, it's in order to not make a mistake overspending money. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked and just bought everything.
But I couldn't figure out myself if it'd be stupid to own both. You have shown me here that one of them would definitely take the dust.

So now I'll make my mind between full-size and the mini. If they're likely to get the same A7(X) chips in them, then it's just a matter of screen size (and hence weight).

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your answers!
Nah, if I'm asking, it's in order to not make a mistake overspending money. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked and just bought everything.
But I couldn't figure out myself if it'd be stupid to own both. You have shown me here that one of them would definitely take the dust.

So now I'll make my mind between full-size and the mini. If they're likely to get the same A7(X) chips in them, then it's just a matter of screen size (and hence weight).

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I know people that own both and it seems to work out well for them. As far as both new iPads getting the A7, I think the full size iPad will get it while the Mini gets the A6X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods