Should I buy an iPad Mini Now or Wait For The iPad Mini 2 ?

Mwzmwz

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the ipad 4 which is great, but for me its kinda big :/ besides the ipad mini is way cuter

So i decided to buy the ipad mini , I read a few rumors about the release date of the ipad mini, i just want to know is it worth waiting for or should I buy the orginial one now ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've played around with the mini and enjoyed it, and you found the non-retina display on it to be sufficient your your reading needs, then buy the current version. It will get an iOS update just like it successor when it becomes available.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I love my mini! But you might as well wait through the WWDC keynote today just in case, Apple announces and/or releases any new hardware today!

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just get it if you like it. You can always justify the "wait" for the next device but then you're sacrificing time you could be enjoying the device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mizo_s

May 28, 2013
Visit site
i used to have the same dilemma, but today i got my iPad mini. I bought it used for 260$ whitch is a great deal here in Syria ( new for 350$). i hope i wont regret it !!

Arrongin

Banned
Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the mini and love it very much. Anyway, the ipad mini 2 is rumored to come out, so maybe you could wait for a little longer.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the 2. The display and processor will be so much better in the next one.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You already have an iPad, so the "cute"ness factor isn't a good reason to get a mini now. If you didn't have anything, I'd say go for the current mini. I'd wait to see what the next gen has, and sell your 4 for the mini 2.

jamesjohnson8

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd definately say bite the bullet and get the mini 1st gen. It is sooo much hander than the standard bulk ipad, it doesnt even compare. It effectivly the best of both worlds combinging the portability of the iphone with the usablility of the ipad. buy it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are selling your 4 you would get more for it now then when the next mini and the 5 come out. So you can sell it get the mini and have $$ left over...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could always buy the Mini now and sell it when the Mini 2 comes out. You might be out a bit of $$ but I am sure you could find a buyer for the Mini

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger the other day and don't regret it. I also used upgrade and go the iPhone 5. Bottom line for me was I had the iPad 2 since release and drooled over the Mini's form factor. The display is slightly better than the 2 (same resolution on a smaller screen) and I'm happy with it. With the phone, I was sick of my android.

Whatever comes out in the fall I'm sure ill lust over and I could always sell the mini and eat the bit of money I'd lose but in reality I probably will stick with what I have.

Good luck to you!

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If you already have an iPad I?d say wait for the new one. I bought and iPad Mini last week (used) because I am barely using my laptop at home anymore, so I started looking and found one faerly cheap, Black iPad Mini 32gb Wifi for 290$ in mint condition... I think I did ok, All I can tell you is that I absolutly love this little thing!!! I used th have an iPad 3 about a year ago and man this thing acomodates my needs far better than the iPad 3

If I were you and already have an iPad I'd wait for the new mini and meanwhile use your existing iPad.

Hope this helps...

techsamaritan

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Since I found the Verizon app that lets me text, I use a basic phone for calls and my mini for everything else! Love it! Kind of a drag for me to walk with 2 devices, but works for me now. Will be getting the mini 2 though, can't pass up that retina display! Hope they don't charge too much more for it...

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Since I found the Verizon app that lets me text, I use a basic phone for calls and my mini for everything else! Love it! Kind of a drag for me to walk with 2 devices, but works for me now. Will be getting the mini 2 though, can't pass up that retina display! Hope they don't charge too much more for it...

If Apple keeps the same pricing strategy they have for the last while, it seems the iPad Mini 2 would start at the 329 price point for the 16 GB although I've been doing a little reading and something that's intriguing me is that the 16 GB variants of the iPad's apparently won't exist anymore. Reportedly what will happen is they will use 32 GB as the base model, the 64 GB as the second tier storage and finally a 128 GB for the highest capacity.

Now I don't know how accurate or reliable this information is because Apple tends to hold their cards close and until officially announced we don't know much about what will happen with the next iteration of devices. Furthermore, suppose this is correct. This led me to think about something else. Right now the 32 GB iPad Mini is 429, so if the 16 GB model is dropped from the iPad Mini 2, would the 32 GB unit be priced at the 329 the 16 GB used to be priced at? Perhaps they'll keep it at 429 for the 32 GB but then I also thought that if they follow the same storage pricing system, a 128 GB iPad Mini 2 would be priced at 629 dollars. Which from the way I see it from a storage standpoint is both reasonable and unreasonable, but lets say they bring the 32 GB price down to the 329 mark and go from there, 529 for a 128 GB iPad Mini would be a great deal. Although if they do this with the Mini series, I can foresee this happening with the iPad because 699 is a great price for a 128 GB iPad 5th Generation for instance.

And so the waiting game begins

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would wait for the Mini 2 that is rumored to have a retina display and a faster processor.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The last thing I read was that the next Mini will not have a Retina but just have the A6.

Last I heard they're on track to doing an iPad Mini refresh this year. A6 processor but no Retina display. Then sometime in 2014 they are apparently getting the Retina display. I've also been in the same boat, wait it out or get one now. I'm looking into more videos and demos of iOS 7 on the Mini or hardware equivalents to the Mini such as the iPad 2. So far it seems the 512 MB of RAM (My personal pet peeve) didn't seem limiting at all. I may just purchase an iPad Mini this weekend and in a year or a year and a half I'll probably upgrade to the latest iPad Mini.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The last thing I read was that the next Mini will not have a Retina but just have the A6.

Last I heard they're on track to doing an iPad Mini refresh this year. A6 processor but no Retina display. Then sometime in 2014 they are apparently getting the Retina display. I've also been in the same boat, wait it out or get one now. I'm looking into more videos and demos of iOS 7 on the Mini or hardware equivalents to the Mini such as the iPad 2. So far it seems the 512 MB of RAM (My personal pet peeve) didn't seem limiting at all. I may just purchase an iPad Mini this weekend and in a year or a year and a half I'll probably upgrade to the latest iPad Mini.

These rumors keep going back and forth depending on which ones you follow. I read something the other day that said Apple changed who was making the display and they were on track for a Mini 2 with retina display this Fall or late winter. I'm in no hurry either way as any delay will give me a chance to check out the iPad 5.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR