iPad mini lock screen issue

CandaceGosson

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first post on the forum. I've had my mini for 2 weeks now. I'm having an issue with the lock screen. When I close my leather case cover (which has a magnet in it), it will lock the screen like it's supposed to do but when I open the case cover, it unlocks automatically. Up until yesterday, when I would open the case cover, the first screen I would see was my lock screen with the slide bar saying "slide to unlock". My 4 year old son got his hands on it for 2 mins and now I can't seem to get it back to the way it was. I think I've tried all of the options in the settings menu a dozen times and I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support. Their solution: send it back. We'll give you a new one. They figure it's a software issue. I really don't want to go without my mini for "10-15 business days". Hoping someone out there knows something that the tech guys don't. Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you have an Apple store close to you? That way you could go in, they look at it, swap it out or fix it, and you drive home with a good iPad mini and don't have to wait 1-2 weeks. I'm 2 hours from the closest Apple store, but I'd still do it that way instead of mailing it out.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked all your settings in the Settings application?
There is an option in the settings application for iPad Cover Lock/Unlock. He must've put it off by mistake.
And if you've checked all that already, just upgrade your iPad, its way better than staying 10-15 days without it.

safetytx

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always been this way...open the front cover and it unlocks and turns on the screen. Never has opened to my lock screen.

Charles

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73