iPad mini battery drain! Possible cause?

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my iPad mini since It's launch and i haven't been facing any troubles with it except 3 days ago i have been recognizing crazy battery drains! I fully charge it and leave it in a standby mode with a smart cover on! And at the end of the day after 13 hours i need to plug it in to turn it back on because it dies!

iPad mini 64GB WiFi + Cellular 6.1.2 Jailbroken.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPad mini battery drain!

First thing I'd suggest is to go into settings/privacy and see if there is anything constantly running in the background that shouldn't.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure your smart cover is actually putting your iPad to sleep? I have a Griffin "smart cover" for my iPad 3 and sometimes the smart feature is a bit wonky and doesn't really put it to sleep. I've gotten into the habit of listening for the click to be sure the thing went to sleep. I also lay it with the front cover side down to make sure the cover has good contact with the iPad. If your smart cover truly is putting it to sleep and its still running out of juice maybe your battery is a dud and you need to do a warranty exchange. Also, I noticed that your Mini has cellular capabilities. Does the cellular connection stay on when the iPad is in sleep mode? My iPad isn't cellular so I don't know how that works for iPads. Constantly being in contact with the cellular network would drain it down, I would think. Seems strange though that you would only just start having problems with that now. If you figure it out, be sure to let us know what the deal was.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My smart cover was a bit loose, hence it sometimes opens up ever so slightly in my bag. But that it enough to light up the screen of the Mini, and hence the battery drained. Are you sure that is not the case?

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Hi there are are few things that may cause the battery to drain.

1. You may have apps running in the background that is constantly needing CPU power and thus your battery drains.

2. Any CPU intensive apps will likely to use more battery power.

3. You may have been in a poor reception area where it's constantly checking for signals.

Here is what you can do:

Double tap the home button (or 4 finger swipe up) to bring up the Recently Used Tray bar, hold the apps for 3 seconds until they shake. Then tap on the Red circle with the " - " to force close the apps.

If you are in a low reception area, I recommend turning of your cellular data by putting it in airplane mode to save battery.

Here is one suggestion that most people would say:

Calibrate the battery meter simply by using your ipad and draining it down to 10% to 5%. Turn off the device, then plug in to charge it. This should calibrate the battery meter.

Also go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings (this will not erase any of your data at all, only resets your settings).

annaharris

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

I think it happens, because of some applications which might be working in background. Else without any usage how can the battery gets drained...!! seems strange ? another advice is to take it to the APPLE DOCTOR

janperry

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had a shocking problem with battery draining whilst in sleep mode. My ipad is onlyn5 weeks old and it could be 100%at night and absolutely flat in the morning. I live in East London, South Africa but bought my ipad in UK but have to say that Apple agents here (Core) were very good, they sent a courier to collect it.and deliver to Joburg, and I had it couriered back within a week but, they said that the battery was fine. I started using it again and monitored the usage and it was exactly how It was when I sent it in. I was all ready to write or phone my disgust when I read your tip on trying to do a reset...........I did the reset and left it on standby and not any usage of battery at all. I think you have solved my problem. Thank You.

TLROANIGN

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my IPad mini. (2 or 3 I can't really tell.) But it the
last two days it has been going from a decent amount of battery power to 2%. The iPad has a Smart Cover.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73