Spotlight Search and Contacts - Strange behaviour

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone5, an iPad3 and an iPad mini. Whenever I search for a contact using spotlight on the iPhone5 or the iPad3, when I hit the found contact, it takes me directly to the Contacts app and opens up the contact I just "tapped" in the spotlight search results.

When I do the exact same thing on the iPad mini, it brings me to the contacts app but it opens up at the last contact I had opened and NOT the new contact I had just "tapped" in the spotlight search.

I recall this same behaviour on my iPad3 but this was subsequently "fixed" by Apple as it works fine now. My iPad mini, however, is now experiencing this problem.

Anyone else?

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
After the restart, the first spotlight search worked! Then when I tried another spotlight search, it launched Contacts but opened the previous search. If I kill the Contacts app, then the first search works but all subsequent searches just keep showing me the first search item instead of the new item found in the spotlight search.

Am I really the only person on this site who has this problem?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...(snipped)...
Am I really the only person on this site who has this problem?
Thus far, you appear to be. I don't have an iPad Mini to test out, but the search function on my iPhone & iPad works as it should.

jthomas23

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Quintus, I had the same problem with an iPad2 and this post helped me try some new fixes. I am not sure which step worked, but I reset my device (press home/on/off simultaneously). I went to Settings > Spotlight Search, unchecked Contacts. Then I did some random spotlight searches. I then repeated Settings > Spotlight Search and cheked Contacts. Thereafter the Spotlight search worked, still after a few hours and several searches it is now bringing up the contact page for the person that I am searching for, not the previous search.Fingers crossed that this solved it, I was going crazy everytime I did a contact search.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal