How is streaming on your iPad mini?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You can always try resetting your network settings on your iPad. See if that helps. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not currently having streaming issues on an iPad. I have a Nexus 7 and I'm ready to throw it out a window. In the last few weeks its started random reboots and a lot of buffering. For example, last night while watching a movie it stopped four times to buffer! I'm really considering getting an iPad mini instead. In my experiences with iPhones and Android phones, the iPhones typically run smoother than the Androids, despite usually having "lower" specs. I'm thinking this will be true for the tablets as well. I suspect the mini will stream smoother, but I wanted some input from current owners as the mini is quite a bit more of an investment than the Nexus 7 was.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I regularly watch Amazon streamed movies on my Mini. Works great. No stuttering, no buffering. Smooth as can be.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not currently having streaming issues on an iPad. I have a Nexus 7 and I'm ready to throw it out a window. In the last few weeks its started random reboots and a lot of buffering. For example, last night while watching a movie it stopped four times to buffer! I'm really considering getting an iPad mini instead. In my experiences with iPhones and Android phones, the iPhones typically run smoother than the Androids, despite usually having "lower" specs. I'm thinking this will be true for the tablets as well. I suspect the mini will stream smoother, but I wanted some input from current owners as the mini is quite a bit more of an investment than the Nexus 7 was.

I've got a mini and I just got rid of my nexus 7. I had the same problem as you, my nexus 7 kept rebooting. Streaming was ok on it mostly. However things were not as smooth as the iPad because for example on the mini there is a dedicated app for the programmes I want to use. On the nexus there wasn't so I'd have to sideload flash and stream it from a web browser and this was less smooth than using a dedicated app. Overall the mini is much better, more stable, more efficient and smoother. I agree about the phones as well. I currently have a galaxy note but used the iPhone 4 and 3G in the past and the experience was much better on the iPhone. I'll be getting rid of my note most likely and picking up the iPhone 5.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had 0 issues streaming anything with the Mini. Netflix, Vudu, Pandora , YouTube, or even Plex. It all has been silky smooth for me.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I stream pretty much everything on my iPad Mini. Pandora,Netflix,Hulu+,HBO Go ect ect and I have no issues with it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just to add to the pile up...

I stream daily to my Mini from AirVideo and it works GREAT!!!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Been using my mini a lot more for streaming now and I can say its fantastic. Very smooth and stable. A lot better than my nexus 7 or galaxy tab 2 ever were.

D Rojas

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I regularly watch Amazon streamed movies on my Mini. Works great. No stuttering, no buffering. Smooth as can be.

Same here smooth video playback on Netflix ,YouTube,and all other videos online, including cable tv video streaming service.
I returned two android tablets running jelly bean do to lots of video stuttering.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Buffering is your data connection can not keep up ..

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2