From an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd second this. Other than a phone or very specific applications, I tend to not want cellular built-in. Apart from the initial cost difference, you're locked to that standard and have to have another data plan, etc. I'd rather use a MiFi type device or tethering from a phone for all my devices than having individual cellular in each. I guess there is a convenience factor to having it... but just be sure to weigh that against the costs.

I also tried tethering from my i5. Battery life while tethering from my i5 was horrendous. Then I knew I must have a LTE model. The extra $130 was so worth it. I added the mini onto my phone plan for $10 extra and now I use my mini for a LTE hotspot for anything I need and get stellar tethering battery life.

Also, how much does it cost monthly for a MiFi?

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Really wondering if I should ditch my 64 GB iPad 3 for a mini. Choices choices. Would I lose money or be downgrading? Or would it be worth it?

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
See, now you're sparking to think like me. 😀

Sent via iMore app on iPad 2...

Lol I know. 😆
I'm so indecisive though. I start next college semester in February and financial aid kicks in. Debating still I I should sell my iPad 3 and put it the difference for a 64 GB iPad Mini. 😖

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of shifting from a 2 to the Mini as well. I'd stick with the same specs (W-Fi and 32 GB) as that's served me well. That said, while the Mini is clearly meant to be a one-handed device, I find the 4:3 screen pushes the 'one-handability' of it a bit - can anyone say carpal tunnel syndrome, as one stretches your hand to grasp it? Almost wish they had gone with something closer to the more contemporary 16:9 aspect as they did with iPhone 5. And as is showing up in most other tablets...

No other surprises expected with the move - everything will simply migrate over and I'm happy with the speed and non-retina - so it's up for consideration.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had 16GB iPad 2 and went to iPad Mini 64GB. I didn't think at first that I needed to but once I found Fifa 13 and it wanted to take all my memory that pretty much sealed needing more than 16GB. I had also bought some movies that had the digital copy that I put on my 64GB mini. Love that I have all of my music and 3 movies and loads of apps without worrying about syncing and swapping things out every once in awhile. I rock the wifi only version as I have hotspot on my razr hd and a vzw jetpack.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got a 16gb iPad mini and that is working out for me so far. I've also got a 64 GB iPod touch so I share my content between both devices. I do have some things on both but I don't see the point in a huge amount of overlap. On my ipad I have some apps, about 300 books, all my comics,a couple of magazines, 2 movies and 7 TV episodes. I still have a few GB free.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR