How many people are PISSED about the charger included with the Mini???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's kind of funny when I had my mini attached to my laptop tonight. It stated that it wasn't charging, however it had a full charge after I removed it from the laptop and was only half charged when I plugged it in.

The regular iPad does the same thing. On the iPad having the screen on with the bigger screen pulls more power so it says it isn't charging. If you let it sit with the screen off it will charge. I've charged my iPad 3 lots of times that way it just takes like 8 hours.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Having used the smaller 5 watt charger for the past few nights, I can say that it had no problem fully charging the Mini after a full day's usage. (Generally the battery percentage was down to about 50% or so when I put it up to charge.) Still surprised since with both of my previous iPads (1 and 3 editions) Apple gave the larger, more powerful version. Only got the smaller one with the iPhones in the past.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Having had an iPad 3 that took FOREVER to charge, I have zero complaints with the mini's charger

txladi29

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I was expecting the faster charger and quite honestly was a little miffed when it wasn't included. But I got over it. I'm trying to do better at not sweating the small stuff.
I usually charge over night, unless I don't plug the cable in all the way, like last night. Oops.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Why? There's not really a point to it for the touch.

Well if Apple is positioning the touch as a gaming device and camera alternative (basically a jack of all trades that will see regular use), then it should have a charger for the sake of quick and easy recharging (as in you don't have to hook it up to a USB port or dock).

Why would you be of the opinion that there's no point for the touch?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well if Apple is positioning the touch as a gaming device and camera alternative (basically a jack of all trades that will see regular use), then it should have a charger for the sake of quick and easy recharging (as in you don't have to hook it up to a USB port or dock).

Why would you be of the opinion that there's no point for the touch?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Because it has a completely different use-case than the iPhone, and one where the inclusion of a charger isn't a big deal. People do not recharge their touches every day, and battery life on the touch is significantly longer than any other apple product besides the nano and shuffle. Further, although the touch includes wifi, it is still very much a tethered device. That is why apple doesn't include a charger, and why it's not a big deal that it doesn't have one.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just to throw it out there, even when the mini says that it's "not charging" it normally is. Just at a slower rate. I was able to charge mine of a new netbook, other wall USB chargers, and also my PS3. So I'm not too concerned about it. Planing on getting the micro USB adapter so I can use my PlayBook charger for it. That should do the trick nicely.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
And in a way I'm glad the mini supports the 5W charger because it makes it easier to support when charging it in the car, but since my car has a 12V plug in it I just use a 12W charger it charge that and free up the lighter for my radar detector lol. :D