iPad Mini for people with smaller hands?

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
With the bezel being much, much narrower, will it be difficult for people with smaller hands (me) to hold the device one-handed? What I mean is, with the regular iPad you could always rest your thumb on the bezel and your other fingers on the back of the iPad. Considering the bezel is narrower, will that be harder to do? I don't think I will be able to palm/grip the Mini in one hand.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it most of the day and this has just not been an issue.

DAB
Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It's actually perfect for people with smaller hands. My hands are wide but aren't that big and find the iPad mini perfect.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to palm the mini though, that's my main concern. Do any of you have problems holding it with your thumb near the bezel and fingers resting on the back (not palming it)? I don't want my thumb to interfere with my other hand navigating, if that makes any sense. Sorry if I'm getting annoying.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to palm the mini though, that's my main concern. Do any of you have problems holding it with your thumb near the bezel and fingers resting on the back (not palming it)? I don't want my thumb to interfere with my other hand navigating, if that makes any sense. Sorry if I'm getting annoying.

The Mini has sepcial logic in it so that it knows when your thumb is just resting on the edge of the screen as opposed to performing a jesture. They thought of everything...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm REALLY loving the mini form factor the more I use it... I'm fact I like the thin side bezel and don't find it an issue when holding the mini one handed in portrait orientation... You can place your thumb more on the edge corner and extend your fingers behind and it balances perfectly, cupping the lower corner in the palm. I'll even use my pinky as a bottom rest.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I tend to hold it in my palm, though the Nexus 7 was a better width to do that with, it works here. Might be an issue with smaller hands. It's very light though so it can also be held by the bottom bezel like a book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

emjayem

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The Mini has sepcial logic in it so that it knows when your thumb is just resting on the edge of the screen as opposed to performing a jesture. They thought of everything...

Yes Apple describes the design here https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/design/#mn_p indeed they have thought of everything. It was a concern of mine seeing the thinner bezel but this thought in design has convinced me to get the mini instead of iPad 4.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I hold it with my teeth :)
In all seriousness though, even without a case it's not that hard to hold onto. It is a but slippery, however your hand will kind of "stick" in the area where the Apple logo is on the back. If that's not enought for you though, then I recommend a good case that will add the grip you might need. Really it's a non-issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner