Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

Neil Espinili

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
No regrets on getting the mini! Got mine a month a go and although at first the screen bothers me cause I've been used to my mom's iPad 4 with retina but I got along with it. Totally amazing! But sometimes I've been experiencing some lags while on multitasking and switching to landscape and portrait mode for me its a minimal effect. I use my mini on web surfing, forums searching, taking pics, taking down notes in school and minimal gaming. Totally pleased with my mini on iOS 7 no regrets even it has no Retina. 😊

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

i bought mini because My Mom take over my New Ipad for work, i Enjoyed using Ipad mini, Fit size i can put it into Handbag and Easy bring it to the class and anywhere i go

MaHoNeY

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely love my iPad mini. Couple with my iPhone, it's a PERFECT combination. Both are with me always. Whether, it's work, or personal, my mini does the job. Feel naked without it.

Sent from my iPad

bcopeland97

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Bought a used iPad mini and just love it compared to my iPad 1. I'm still on iOS 7.1.2 too cause I don't want to turn my iPad into a bug harvest like what happened to my 4S that I updated to iOS 8.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Mini 3. I was happy with my original Mini too. I'm not able to tote around and use the bigger iPad comfortably. For me, the Mini line is absolutely perfect. If I need a big screen, I use my laptop.

jac101

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Perfect size for me....
All though for people who havnt used the original or the "big iPads"....
They maybe be tempted to tryout the bigger size....
But after using the ipad 4 & air 2 I find the big iPads really ugly compared to the mini'is design
I JUST LOVE IT 😘

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my daughter one for Christmas. I was going to pick up an air tonight. I might take another look at the mini.

Although the iPad Mini is an excellent device, in my opinion, I think I would opt for the iPad Air if I were in the market for another iPad. I did miss the screen size of my iPad 2 when I got the iPad Mini, but I didn't miss its weight.

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Odd the last post on here is from a year ago, with the Mini 6 having been released this year. That is a great upgrade and a must buy for mini lovers. The niggles about resolution should be gone. it has the highest resolution iPad display currently available. At 2266x1488 pixels, it maintains the 326 pixels per inch. But I came here to gush about a 'feature' many may not even notice, which just speaks volumes (that will be a pun shortly) about Apple's attention to detail. The volume buttons are on the short side on the Mini 6, probably so there is room to store and charge the #2 Pencil. Note you can hold the Mini in landscape when watching video with the buttons either on the left or the right. OK, so which one is Vol up and which is down? Amazingly, it depends on where they are. If the buttons are on the left, the top one is Volume Up. If they are on the right, again, the top one is Volume Up. Think about it though. That's not the same physical button. Apple switched, in software, which button is Volume Up so that it remains the upper one, no matter which side that is on. Vol Up is the top button, Vol Down is the bottom button, regardless. That's just impressive thought put into user experience..

Reactions: BrindawithanI

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
But I came here to gush about a 'feature' many may not even notice, which just speaks volumes (that will be a pun shortly) about Apple's attention to detail. The volume buttons are on the short side on the Mini 6, probably so there is room to store and charge the #2 Pencil. Note you can hold the Mini in landscape when watching video with the buttons either on the left or the right. OK, so which one is Vol up and which is down? Amazingly, it depends on where they are. If the buttons are on the left, the top one is Volume Up. If they are on the right, again, the top one is Volume Up.

That's cool, but nobody even mentions this: Which one is Vol Up and which is Vol Dn when the iPad mini 6 is portrait (with the volume buttons on the top and bottom respectively?) Are they the same or different? Is the one on the left always up, or is it always the one furthest from the side?

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
That's cool, but nobody even mentions this: Which one is Vol Up and which is Vol Dn when the iPad mini 6 is portrait (with the volume buttons on the top and bottom respectively?) Are they the same or different? Is the one on the left always up, or is it always the one furthest from the side?

Well, since you either don't have a mini 6, or couldn't be bothered to check and add information to the post, I checked. When the volume buttons are on the top, the right button is vol up, which makes sense as you slide the volume slider right to increase vol. When the buttons are on the bottom, which I find an odd way to position the mini, again the right button is vol up, corresponding to the way you would slide the on-screen slider. Note that means which physical button does what, changes just like it does in landscape. Very nice, very well thought out and implemented.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, since you either don't have a mini 6, or couldn't be bothered to check and add information to the post, I checked. When the volume buttons are on the top, the right button is vol up, which makes sense as you slide the volume slider right to increase vol. When the buttons are on the bottom, which I find an odd way to position the mini, again the right button is vol up,

No, I do not own a Mini 6, which is why I asked. Almost every review that I read (and I read several) all mentioned the changing positions of the volume buttons when the Mini 6 was held in the two different landscape positions, but none of them mentioned what happened in portrait. So, thanks for the answer.

An example of the reviews that I read that mentioned the volume buttons, but not while in portrait:

https://www.imore.com/ipad-mini-6-review
https://9to5mac.com/2021/09/27/ipad-mini-6-volume-button-orientation/

As for portrait orientations, I do own an iPad Air 4, which is very similar to the Mini in form function, with the Touch ID power button and no home button. And I have found that I quite often orient the iPad Air with the Touch ID facing down, as it's not obvious when looking at the display which way is "up". (The only clue is the camera, but it really doesn't jump out at you.) I almost always use the iPad in landscape, but when I read Kindle books, for example, I turn it portrait.

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
This might come as a joke, but 4 months ago I bought a used iPad mini 2 and I'm pretty happy with the purchase :D (less than 50 euros). I generally use it for development and testing purposes and sometimes for browsing. Before this one, I was thinking of buying the iPad mini 6, but it was simply too big of an investment for the tasks that I need it for, so instead I bought iPad 9, and now I rarely use it for everyday stuff because of the big form factor.
In general I really appreciate the small form factor of the iPad mini, its really easy to handle and use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal