Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

DeeMat

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Size is perfect. I am making the commitment to the ecosystem now, so it was one of the few missing pieces. I am very happy with the purchase.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Size is perfect. I am making the commitment to the ecosystem now, so it was one of the few missing pieces. I am very happy with the purchase.

Agree completely. If they would've come out with this a year ago, they would've cleaned up the tablet market completely. Letting the kindle fire and nexus 7 get a foot in the door was a mistake.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have it, love it and will keep it. However, having it since release day I have become some what frustrated with the display and more specific the small font scaling. I can handle the not so crisp screen that is not an issue.

Initially I was so taken by the thinness and light weight, but over time now these small scaled fonts is impacting my user experience. I will say other than that it's a fantastic device. Design wise it's beautiful.

DAB
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Bingarat

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I had an ipad2 and decided to get mini because of the portability. Having an iphone4s, I do notice the difference without the retina display but it's still a nice screen. I'm very happy with it, so light and size is perfect!

henywatty

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Agree completely. If they would've come out with this a year ago, they would've cleaned up the tablet market completely. Letting the kindle fire and nexus 7 get a foot in the door was a mistake.

The iPad Mini was released because of the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD. Apple had to put something out in order to compete with them, otherwise they would've eaten up iPad sales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Happy so far, but I've only had it a day. Yet with Apple you know what you are going to get and that is something good so I can't imagine not liking it it. The size is perfect. Not too big, yet at the same time not too small to be of any use over a mobile phone. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 10 inch and the google nexus 7, the mini beats them both hands down. Will most likely be getting rid of those and making the mini my only tablet. It's really light and thin, looks very slick and sexy too ! I also love the pink Smart Cover. I have a 5th gen iPod touch with a retina display and used to have the iPhone 4 with retina display, but I'm not finding the mini's display bad at all. It's vibrant and is better than the screens on my android tablets even though they are supposed to have higher resolutions.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPad Mini was released because of the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD. Apple had to put something out in order to compete with them, otherwise they would've eaten up iPad sales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I'd imagine that the iPad mini was already in development before the nexus 7 came out, however the original kindle fire came out in. 2011 in the US and went down very well. I imagine that the iPad mini was developed more in response to the kindle fire than any of the android tablets.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I had it but just took it back to the store. There isn't much to holler about since I have the iPad 3. I think I'm just getting tired of the same iOS ecosystem.

I was feeling like you earlier this year. I'd used an iPhone as my main phone since 2008 and things were staring to feel a bit stale. In March last year my iPhone was stolen so decided to buy a cheap android phone until my contract was due for upgrade in a month. I quite liked the android phone I was using so decided to upgrade to an android phone instead of an iPhone. I even bought a few android tablets. However after 9 months of using android I'd had enough, the system is just too unstable for me and all the device lag. They might be more open and customisable but it's not worth it. I'd take apple devices any day. I've now bought an iPod touch and an iPad mini, will be getting rid of my android tablets. I might as well keep the phone as it works well as a mobile hotspot and I can use it to run my iPod touch virtually as an iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd imagine that the iPad mini was already in development before the nexus 7 came out, however the original kindle fire came out in. 2011 in the US and went down very well. I imagine that the iPad mini was developed more in response to the kindle fire than any of the android tablets.

I agree. I think it was more aimed at the kindle and to try and prevent the loss of as many sales as it could to the upcoming android tablets which seems to have helped somewhat.

Kathy Sica

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am in love with the mini. I've always loved my iPod but I can see the screen on this much better. Not having the retina works fine by me. I think the screen is super. :)

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Just picked up a 16gig wi-fi mini today. Loving it.

Hey Quinn Welcome Aboard!.. Shhhh... This is really now Apple's Flagship Device.. But don't tell the 4th-Gen owners that! :)

That's why it will not get Retina come the fall..

It would put the 4th/5th-Gen iPads out of Business! :)

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I couldn't be happier. We have a ipad 3 which is now the family/wife ipad. I use the mini for work and play. Never thought the smaller size would work but I've come to realize is a much better fit for me. Now my wife wants a mini and is hoping the retina model comes out soon.

I was always the one who felt the 7-8 inch tablet was too small and too close to the phone size. (I'm an Android phone user) but this is perfect. Love it.

Sent using Tapatalk HD from my mini!

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my mini for 2 days but so far I'm really it!! I'm coming from a Asus Transformer big size difference but totally doable. It's the perfect size weight and tablet for me.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

newyorkunit

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site

I love my iPad mini! don't really pickup my iPad 3 anymore. Waiting to see if Cupertino can stuff a Retina display on this bad boy!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I love the new form factor and the fact that I can do everything that I did on my iPad and not have my arms feel fatigued after holding it up for a couple hours. Do wish that it was a bit faster and had a retina display,

Eli_B

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Hey all,

I bought an iPad Mini 16 gig white wifi edition last Thursday from the Apple store on 5th Ave. in Manhattan and I'm liking it a lot so far.

I love the fact it's so thin and so light.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro