iPad mini has Siri

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
According to this apple webpage, the iPad mini does support and include Siri:
Apple - iPad mini - Built-in apps

I suppose this makes sense given that it has the same guts as the iPhone 4S, but it does confuse me somewhat as to why it wasn't ever included in the iPad 2, which also has the same processing capabilities...

Edit:
Also, if you scroll down on this page, there's a whole section dedicated to Siri on iPad mini:
https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/features/#mn_p

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I suppose it would have been rather silly for them not to include it in a new, heavily marketed device. It's just nice to have a confirmation. They didn't say anything about it during the keynote so I was worried it wasn't included. That would have been disappointing.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
My main hesitation is waiting to see the screen in person. I want to go to a mini from my third gen but worried it will look bad. I've read reviews and folks say it looks great but who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damitol

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It just goes to show that there was no technical reason to keep Siri out of iPad 2, instead it was a marketing decision to better differentiate between the "2" and the "new". My bet is that once minis are out for a bit and supplies become less constrained, the 2 will fade away, leaving only the two sizes with fall refreshes going forward.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My main hesitation is waiting to see the screen in person. I want to go to a mini from my third gen but worried it will look bad. I've read reviews and folks say it looks great but who knows

People get so caught up in pixel density that they forget that color accuracy, brightness, quality of manufacturing, the technology used (IPS is supposedly quite good), and the quality of the glass used all play huge parts in what makes a screen look great. The iPad mini's display meets the mark in all of these areas. Don't get so caught up in the pixel count. It may not be as super sharp as a retina display, but I'm sure overall, it's a great-looking display.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
It just goes to show that there was no technical reason to keep Siri out of iPad 2, instead it was a marketing decision to better differentiate between the "2" and the "new". My bet is that once minis are out for a bit and supplies become less constrained, the 2 will fade away, leaving only the two sizes with fall refreshes going forward.

I think it was a RAM issue.