Who's getting one?

Will you be getting an iPad Mini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Heck yeah! But I'll have to wait 2 more weeks as I want the WiFi/Cellular version. I'm selling my iPad 3 to Gazelle for $500, so I'll only have to pay about $150 out of pocket for it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Heck yeah! But I'll have to wait 2 more weeks as I want the WiFi/Cellular version. I'm selling my iPad 3 to Gazelle for $500, so I'll only have to pay about $150 out of pocket for it.

Rose: which are you getting? The Mini or the 4gen? It sounds like you're selling your retina 3rd gen to get a non-retina Mini... is that correct? I'm curious about your thought process - definitely NOT a flame or criticism, but I am honestly curious... is the smaller size that important to you>

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Still wondering if I should pick up the WIFI or wait for the carrier LTE-enabled devices.

I have the iPad 2 and new iPad... I don't use either. My son uses my iPad 2 more in one day than I've ever used any of my tablets.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Still wondering if I should pick up the WIFI or wait for the carrier LTE-enabled devices.

I have the iPad 2 and new iPad... I don't use either. My son uses my iPad 2 more in one day than I've ever used any of my tablets.

Lol. Same here bro. My 3rd gen iPad is use as in car entertainment for cartoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziltoid

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes sir. I don't own a tablet and buying this one for the kids mostly. I'll maybe buy another one or an iPad 3 as well

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I always thought the iPad was a bit too big. The 7.9" sold me as the size I've been holding out for. I'll just get the wifi and tether my iPhone 5 LTE on the go. Bam...sold black/slate to match the Vader iPhone 5. Now if only they would do a black/slate MBP that would be awesome....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Rose: which are you getting? The Mini or the 4gen? It sounds like you're selling your retina 3rd gen to get a non-retina Mini... is that correct? I'm curious about your thought process - definitely NOT a flame or criticism, but I am honestly curious... is the smaller size that important to you>

I'm more than likely going to get the iPad Mini. I've wanted a smaller tablet for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the retina display on my current iPad 3, however, I think the 1024X768 resolution at 163 ppi on a 7.9" screen will be nice enough that I won't be disappointed in the iPad Mini's display by any means.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You know, the more I read and look at it on Apple's site, the more intrigued I am on one. Especially the weight of reading books on it and easier portability.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm more than likely going to get the iPad Mini. I've wanted a smaller tablet for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the retina display on my current iPad 3, however, I think the 1024X768 resolution at 163 ppi on a 7.9" screen will be nice enough that I won't be disappointed in the iPad Mini's display by any means.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Makes sense on a lot of levels...

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one.. 32GB $429 to be exact... The mini is what I wanted for a long time I always thought the iPad was too big for me and not portable enough.. (Just my opinion).. I'm looking to replace my 2 year old iPod touch 4gen 32GB with the mini.. I'm sick of my iPod crashing on apps and when I browse the web.. I won't be getting rid of my iPod touch though.. I will continue to use it as "well" an iPod.. Lol

Sent via Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just can't pull the Trigger on a Mini until I see Retina Display one.... It's so hard to resist....

Agreed for the most part. However in agreeing, and also being the first version, the second iteration of anything (especially from Apple) will be a lot better. I think the iPad mini 2 *will* include a retina display at the very least.

L.i.Am 2209

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I know price is important to most, but as that seems to be 90% of the issue, let's take that out of the equation. Would you buy one if it was $50 cheaper? I think we all know the answer. The majority would. So clearly a mistake on Apple's part there, but to consistently criticise a product over its price is bizarre. We get it. It's expensive. But I want one, so i'm getting one. It is expensive. It is probably too expensive. But I want an iPad, and the current iPad is too big for my commuting needs, too bulky for my liking - hence why I have used a Kindle and my iPhone for the past few years. But now the iPad mini will cater for my needs. It is perfect for what I want it for, and as an iOS device, I won't have to change the way I operate (even with the Kindle books app). The price is an issue, yes. But not enough of an issue for me. The upgrade from iPhone 4S to 5 is far more a waste of my money than this is. Well happy about the iPad mini

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I've ALWAYS thought that the regular iPad was just a bit too big and felt awkward to use. I've had the 1st gen and currently have the 3rd gen. I was all hyped up about the iPad mini because I think it is the perfect size. I was planning to get one & sell my 3rd gen but then realized it doesn't have retina :( Now I'm on the fence as to whether or not to order one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR